Windows 10: Writting 20GB or more to an SSD

Discus and support Writting 20GB or more to an SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys I have a question in regards to my SSD which is a Samsung 850 EVO series 500GB. So at the end of march ( I think the 28th or 29th) i wrote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Karanza, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Karanza Win User

Writting 20GB or more to an SSD

Hey guys I have a question in regards to my SSD which is a Samsung 850 EVO series 500GB.

So at the end of march ( I think the 28th or 29th) i wrote about 20.43GB of data to my SSD this includes updates for windows 10 (1803) and the game that I play. Today, I wrote about 24.04GB this includes the same thing as I've mentioned earlier. Obviously I don't write more than 20GB every day but these are the dates of when I exceeded more than 20GB. Now there were probably other times where I have exceeded 20GB or more but it is hard to remember because it was so long ago.

I don't know if you guys who have SSD's write more than 20GB or 24GB a day which brings me to my question and that is if I write 20GB or more every like two weeks or a month, will that shorten the life of my SSD and is this something I should worry about all the time even if 20 GB or more are being written every 2 weeks or even a month.

Or should I worry about it more when I write more than 20GB every day? The reason why I'm asking this question is because i was doing research about my SSD and it said "Lifespan with 20GiB of Host writes per day with 1.5x write amplification" including 2,000 NAND P/E cycles and 1,000TiB will make my 500 GB SSD last for 93.5 years (not sure if this is accurate but it's what google says).

Lastly this question doesn't relate to SSD writes, but once you install your SSD into your computer and update the drivers for it, is the TRIM function turned on by default? because I don't have the samsung magician installed, thus I don't know nor have I played around with the settings on the magician software.

Your help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!

:)

Karanza, Apr 15, 2019
  2. bds1---01 Win User

Nokia 515 - writting languages

Looking for adding Portuguese prediction writting on my Nokia 515 but it's not available on the list.

Any way to add more languages? Or this language is simply not supported?

I'm running V10.34 13-03-14 RM-952.

thanks!

bds1---01, Apr 15, 2019
  3. iceshim85 Win User
    writting languages

Writting languages Problem oso. Do u hv other way upgrade language? writting not my problem, my problem is can not see chinese language. so what can i do?

iceshim85, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

20GB Windows Update, 28GB SSD

Hi Jeffery,

• Where exactly you are getting prompt , need 20GB free space to install Windows updates?

Windows 10 has various new features and many fixes are released to improve the performance and provide a best experience to the user, so this is the reason updates are released.

Since the Windows 10 Operating system is installed on your computer hard drive, all the updates associated with Windows should be installed on the same hard drive because the updates are the patch files or security updates which
    will be re-written on the existing Windows Operating patch files or system files and Windows Updates cannot be broken into bits.

Refer to the below article on Windows Updates.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/windows-update-faq

Hope this information helps.

Darshan J, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Writting 20GB or more to an SSD - Similar Threads - Writting 20GB more

2. HDD writting data very slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD writting data very slowly: I have this issue where suddenly my 4TB 5400RPM SMR drive with 128MB cache begins writing data copy to or from another drive very slowly 200 kb/sec . The same issue happens if I try downloading something from steam to this drive . The downloading simply does not progress. The...
  3. Cloned SSD has 20GB missing

Cloned SSD has 20GB missing: Hi all, I came across this link when I realized my cloned SSD is smaller than the original:https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-ssd/why-is-ssd-capacity-smaller-after-cloningHowever different from the link, I cant spot the missing 20GB in any 'visible' recovery...
  4. Cloned SSD has 20GB missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned SSD has 20GB missing: Hi all, I came across this link when I realized my cloned SSD is smaller than the original:https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-ssd/why-is-ssd-capacity-smaller-after-cloningHowever different from the link, I cant spot the missing 20GB in any 'visible' recovery...
  5. Cloned SSD has 20GB missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How to Reclaim 18-20GB SSD Missing Space Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Reclaim 18-20GB SSD Missing Space Windows 11?: Hello Sir, Need some Serious help...!!I've bought G15 5515 Ryzen 5600H, RTX-3050 Edition with 512 GB SSD.I noticed about 18-20 GB missingused extra , After I show all hidden files and Check their PropertiesI mean with all C: Drive files Properties 31.5 GB But Drive Properties...
  7. How to Reclaim 18-20GB SSD Missing Space Windows 11?

How to Reclaim 18-20GB SSD Missing Space Windows 11?: Hello Sir, Need some Serious help...!!I've bought G15 5515 Ryzen 5600H, RTX-3050 Edition with 512 GB SSD.I noticed about 18-20 GB missingused extra , After I show all hidden files and Check their PropertiesI mean with all C: Drive files Properties 31.5 GB But Drive Properties...
  8. SSD not working any more

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not working any more: I bought a new 1TB SSD for my PC ... when I first installed it, it worked fine, I allocated the space and designated the HDs letter with "diskmgmt.msc" and started transferring some files on it - i used approx. 200 GB of space, I made a "Steam" folder through Steam and then...
  9. Windows 10 constantly writting to SSD!(3TBW in ONE month)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 constantly writting to SSD!(3TBW in ONE month): Hi! First of all, sorry about my english, its not my primary language. So, I bought a SSD NVME in 30/07/2020(the day that i had the SSD in hands) till then all good, formated my computer, moved the backup again and all working fine. 3 days ago I was testing a new plan of...
  10. Windows 10 constantly writting to SSD!(3TBW in ONE month)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 constantly writting to SSD!(3TBW in ONE month): Hi! First of all, sorry about my english, its not my primary language. So, I bought a SSD NVME in 30/07/2020(the day that i had the SSD in hands) till then all good, formated my computer, moved the backup again and all working fine. 3 days ago I was testing a new plan of...