Windows 10: Wrong account name when signing in

Discus and support Wrong account name when signing in in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I get the problems with your account notice. I click to signin. It shows a signin name that is not my current one it displays an old one and asks for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by 96loggie, Mar 28, 2020.

1. 96loggie Win User

Wrong account name when signing in

I get the problems with your account notice. I click to signin. It shows a signin name that is not my current one it displays an old one and asks for a password. The password for my current account does not work, and rejects it. But I can't find a way to change the signin name. How do I do that?

:)

96loggie, Mar 28, 2020

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Wrong account name when signing in

Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Wrong account name when signing in

1. Wrong account name when signing in - Similar Threads - Wrong account name

2. When signing in, wrong account as "default" when starting pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When signing in, wrong account as "default" when starting pc.: Context: A long while back my graphics card messed up, and put this pc completely out of service. Only recently did we get to buy and install a new one. However, in order to do so because it wouldn't detect it we reset the device to default.Unfortunately, right as we were...
  3. My sign in has the wrong name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sign in has the wrong name: Please change from Antonia Radle to Brigitte Koch from my mobile. Emails in and out Keeps displaying wrong name.Have edited hopefully this will help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sign-in-has-the-wrong-name/efcdafcb-63fc-400a-b665-7ed4c35f2ff6
  4. My sign in has the wrong name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My sign in has the wrong name: Please change from Antonia Radle to Brigitte Koch from my mobile. Emails in and out Keeps displaying wrong name.Have edited hopefully this will help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sign-in-has-the-wrong-name/efcdafcb-63fc-400a-b665-7ed4c35f2ff6
  5. when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong.: when signing in with my microsoft PIN i am easily able to log in to my computer with it, however, as soon as i try to sign in to anything else, it says that my pin is wrong no matter what. i have changed it a few times, reset it, removed windows hello PIN and restarted my...
  6. when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong.: when signing in with my microsoft PIN i am easily able to log in to my computer with it, however, as soon as i try to sign in to anything else, it says that my pin is wrong no matter what. i have changed it a few times, reset it, removed windows hello PIN and restarted my...
  7. signed in with wrong account

signed in with wrong account: i have been signed in with a hotmail account and i have a gmail account so therefore i can not access any of my other user accounts how do i get out of hot mail and back into gmail T V M Allan...
  8. Signed into wrong account when setting up new PC

Signed into wrong account when setting up new PC: I recently built a new PC and had to reset my SSD Windows 10 kept crashing. Afterwards Windows asked me to sign into my existing Microsoft account. I accidentally used the wrong account that was not connected with my purchase of Windows 8 > 10. Now I am stuck unable to...
  9. Random wrong name attached to account!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random wrong name attached to account!: I just created a microsoft account on a NEW laptop - my email is via yahoo and is literally my first name and last name. My email account is under MY name. But somehow, the account name that shows up associated with my microsoft account is my GRANDMA'S name! I have no idea...
  10. Wrong windows account folder name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong windows account folder name.: My windows account folder name has the last character missing! My first name is Partha. Everywhere it shows Partha in my laptop. But my windows account folder name is "parth" instead of "partha". I don't want to create a new MS account and delete my current account. I want to...