Windows 10: wrong activity information-family safety

Discus and support wrong activity information-family safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I defined 2 users on our computer, one for me and one for my son with family safety on his user. Each user has a different email and Microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by InnaD, Oct 2, 2020.

1. InnaD Win User

wrong activity information-family safety

Hello,

I defined 2 users on our computer, one for me and one for my son with family safety on his user.

Each user has a different email and Microsoft account details.

I noticed that the activity is calculated from both users.

For example I used for an hour from my user and my son for one hour from his user and the report shows a 2 hours usage.

Is it possible to calculate only his user usage?

Does it matter if I am logged in into the the account on the family safety web site? Is this the reason my user usage is taken into account of the activity usage?

Thanks,

Inna

:)

InnaD, Oct 2, 2020

2. Family safety activity reports are wrong

I have started to homeschool one of my children, and so I was hoping to use family safety to keep track of his computer activity to make sure he is spending required time doing studying.

But the activity reports are completely bogus.

They will show wrong number of hours using the computer, for example, I know he has been working for 5 hours, but activity report shows 1 hr 21 minutes.

So the times in the activity report are complete useless and unreliable.

It also doesn't even correctly show the apps being used either, some will be missing altogether, and the ones listed clealry have wrong times.

Is this even fixable? I know from long and painful experience with all my kids computers that family safety is not reliable and randomly breaks.

Russ Michaels, Oct 2, 2020
  3. No activity on family safety (win10)

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Make sure that "Delete Browsing History on Exit is unchecked. Refer to these steps.

• Open Internet Explorer on the Desktop.

• Select "Tools" from the top menu

• Internet Options

• Under Browsing History UNCHECK the box "Delete Browsing History on Exit"

• Select "Settings (button)

• Select "History" (tab on top)

• Change the setting as required.

• Click OK.

Method 2:

Go to https://fss.live.com
    and sign in with the parent account, select the child account that you are monitoring and confirm if the activity reporting for the child account is turned on.

Method 3:

You can also run the Family Safety Troubleshooter and check. Refer to the “Family Safety Troubleshooter” section from the following link.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 2, 2020
  4. wrong activity information-family safety

Family Safety: Son's computer not recognizing changes in Windows 10.

Hi Joanne,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in family safety account.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you tried to log out or restart from the child's computer and logging in to the computer?
    • Are you able to see the child account in the Family Safety settings after removing it?

I suggest you to refer to the steps below to remove the child account from the family safety account and also turn on
    Activity reporting.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/turn-off-family-settings-in-windows-10

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit managing child account in Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

wrong activity information-family safety

1. wrong activity information-family safety - Similar Threads - wrong activity information

2. Family Safety linked to my wrong laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety linked to my wrong laptop: When I was just browsing trough the internet, I accidentally connected my laptop to my microsoft account. I use 2 laptops and this one isn' t supposed to be connected to my account I have tried to search up ways to undo this, with no succes. It still shows up in my Microsoft...
  3. Family Safety linked to my wrong laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety linked to my wrong laptop: When I was just browsing trough the internet, I accidentally connected my laptop to my microsoft account. I use 2 laptops and this one isn' t supposed to be connected to my account I have tried to search up ways to undo this, with no succes. It still shows up in my Microsoft...
  4. Family Safety linked to my wrong laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Reports in the wrong language: In my account settings both display and preferred languages are English. I receive the messages from Microsoft Family Safety in a language I do not know.How to fix it?Please help...
  6. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Reports in the wrong language: In my account settings both display and preferred languages are English. I receive the messages from Microsoft Family Safety in a language I do not know.How to fix it?Please help...
  7. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

8. Microsoft Family Safety - Something went wrong

Microsoft Family Safety - Something went wrong: When my son requests more screen time on his windows 10 pc I get the error message "Something went wrong. We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the internet?I have tried removing from him from the family safety account at accounts.microsoft.com but this...
  9. Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong

Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong: When my child is using his computer sometimes he will be told to ask for more time, or wait until tomorrow, even though he is within the OK window (7:00am-11:30pm). Then he is locked out. Time allowance is set to maximum. Sunday may be the worst day of the week for this. I...
  10. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

Family Safety Reports in the wrong language: Hi I am getting Family Safety reports in Arabic and I don't have Arabic set as the language in any of my preferences. I have checked for all possible places where a Language option is there and everywhere I only have English. I receive the weekly notifications in Arabic...