Windows 10: Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password

Discus and support Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,Today I had to reinstall Windows on my Dell Laptop, because previously it was used by my son for school, now I need it for work. As you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AiniusGrigaliunas, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password

Hello,Today I had to reinstall Windows on my Dell Laptop, because previously it was used by my son for school, now I need it for work. As you understand I found a lot of mess in the Laptop so simple decision was just to reinstall Windows and get fresh new item. When I bought it from the shop, Laptop was already with Windows 10 license. The problem is that after reinstall one of my hard drives is locked by the BitLocker. I tried already numerous times to find how to unlock my hard drive, but unfortunately in my Microsoft account I'm getting Key ID 5E752EED and password, but in real BitLocker is

:)

AiniusGrigaliunas, Nov 24, 2021

2. key id Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password :DC33D544 BITLOCKER FORGET MY PASSWORD OF BITLOCKER

key id Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password :DC33D544 BITLOCKER FORGET MY PASSWORD OF BITLOCKER

MASOOMPOOR, Nov 24, 2021
  3. YAK
    yak Win User
    BitLocker Windows 10 key ID match, but password not

I'm using Windows 10 on a Windows Surface device. I'm unable to recover a data on my drive which was encrypted with a BitLocker. Here's what I did:

1. I have 2 partitions, C: (OS), D: (data), E: (data) - removable disc
    2. I've made a copy of a drive D: with FTK Imager v 3.1.1 and saved the image on a removable drive E:
    3. I encrypted the removable drive E: with a BitLocker and save the recovery password in a Microsoft cloud
    4. I removed the E: drive from my Windows Surface Device
    5. I connected the E: device again, and tried to recover the data with a recovery key. The id's of the key's matches, but the BitLocker says that the password is wrong.

What might be the cause here?

4. Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password

Recover BitLocker key from Key ID

It doesn't work. The specific device I need to recover the key is not on the list, neither an option to retrieve the BitLocker code using its Key ID as the blue screen says.

VictorWirz, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password

1. Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password - Similar Threads - Wrong BitLocker Key

2. Wrong bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong bitlocker key: The bitlocker screen on my laptop popped up and as usual I searched for the key in my microsoft account, but none of them align with the little hint for the key, the keys showing are from the OSV and FDV unity...
  3. Wrong bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong bitlocker key: The bitlocker screen on my laptop popped up and as usual I searched for the key in my microsoft account, but none of them align with the little hint for the key, the keys showing are from the OSV and FDV unity...
  4. Wrong bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker Password and Key are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Password and Key are not working: During decryption of a external USB drive using Bitlocker, the PC being used stop working. Upon reconnection of the external hard drive would connect but the files are locked. The drive password and recovery key does not work. What happened? Is there anything I can do to...
  6. Bitlocker Password and Key are not working

Bitlocker Password and Key are not working: During decryption of a external USB drive using Bitlocker, the PC being used stop working. Upon reconnection of the external hard drive would connect but the files are locked. The drive password and recovery key does not work. What happened? Is there anything I can do to...
  7. Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password: Hello,Today I had to reinstall Windows on my Dell Laptop, because previously it was used by my son for school, now I need it for work. As you understand I found a lot of mess in the Laptop so simple decision was just to reinstall Windows and get fresh new item. When I bought...
  8. Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password

Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password: Hello,Today I had to reinstall Windows on my Dell Laptop, because previously it was used by my son for school, now I need it for work. As you understand I found a lot of mess in the Laptop so simple decision was just to reinstall Windows and get fresh new item. When I bought...
  9. Wrong BitLocker Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong BitLocker Keys: Hi All,I have a Dell XPS13 almost 4 years old, it required the update this afternoon with BIOS updated. But then, it ask for BitLocker Recover Key 48 digits which I have found and input in. Unfortunately, it keeps saying that “incorrect key”. Please advise if any chance that...
  10. Bitlocker key id

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker key id: I cant find my recovery key , i have tried with usb also but im not geeting anything what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-id/4750782c-4af7-4740-a7da-42a1773a512a