Windows 10: Wrong BitLocker Keys

Discus and support Wrong BitLocker Keys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All,I have a Dell XPS13 almost 4 years old, it required the update this afternoon with BIOS updated. But then, it ask for BitLocker Recover Key 48... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tu Van, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Tu Van Win User

Wrong BitLocker Keys

Hi All,I have a Dell XPS13 almost 4 years old, it required the update this afternoon with BIOS updated. But then, it ask for BitLocker Recover Key 48 digits which I have found and input in. Unfortunately, it keeps saying that “incorrect key”. Please advise if any chance that I could skip this step or fix it as I do not want to lose all data for factory reset mode.P.S: My laptop is not join Domain.Thanks for all your help in advance.Tu Van

:)

Tu Van, Aug 23, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Aug 23, 2021
  4. Wrong BitLocker Keys

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

Wrong BitLocker Keys

1. Wrong BitLocker Keys - Similar Threads - Wrong BitLocker Keys

2. Wrong bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong bitlocker key: The bitlocker screen on my laptop popped up and as usual I searched for the key in my microsoft account, but none of them align with the little hint for the key, the keys showing are from the OSV and FDV unity...
  3. Wrong bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong bitlocker key: The bitlocker screen on my laptop popped up and as usual I searched for the key in my microsoft account, but none of them align with the little hint for the key, the keys showing are from the OSV and FDV unity...
  4. Wrong bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account: i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the work account but i want the key to be in my personal account. any help to transfer this ?...
  6. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account: i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the work account but i want the key to be in my personal account. any help to transfer this ?...
  7. Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password: Hello,Today I had to reinstall Windows on my Dell Laptop, because previously it was used by my son for school, now I need it for work. As you understand I found a lot of mess in the Laptop so simple decision was just to reinstall Windows and get fresh new item. When I bought...
  8. Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password

Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password: Hello,Today I had to reinstall Windows on my Dell Laptop, because previously it was used by my son for school, now I need it for work. As you understand I found a lot of mess in the Laptop so simple decision was just to reinstall Windows and get fresh new item. When I bought...
  9. Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password

10. Bitlocker Recovery Key for Wrong Device

Bitlocker Recovery Key for Wrong Device: Hi, I recently got my computer repaired and when I got it back it's been asking for my bitlocker recovery key. I went to support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4530477/windows-10-finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key and followed the instructions, but the only recovery key...