Windows 10: Wrong boot order keeps happening

Discus and support Wrong boot order keeps happening in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I had a problem some weeks ago in which my computer would turn on to the black screen with the message of boot device not found or wrong boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TavoMaldonad, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Wrong boot order keeps happening

Hello, I had a problem some weeks ago in which my computer would turn on to the black screen with the message of boot device not found or wrong boot selected restart computer and select proper boot device. something like that. What I would have to do is go to restart it and force it to go to recovery mode and change it in the bios menu the boot priority and select the proper one. A friend told me it might be the the hard drive and I decided to buy an SSD and just have the HDD as an extra memory. I transferred everything to the SSD and it was working all fine until I updated the windows. Aft

:)

TavoMaldonad, Feb 25, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Boot order

If you cannot edit the boot order then that suggests the bios is locked. Enter the bios and look in the Security section, see if a bios User or Supervisor password has been set.

3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Feb 25, 2022
  4. davidhk Win User

Wrong boot order keeps happening

Boot Order?

My understanding is ...... it goes down the boot order list until it finds one applicable.

davidhk, Feb 25, 2022
Thema:

Wrong boot order keeps happening

1. Wrong boot order keeps happening - Similar Threads - Wrong boot order

2. BIOS keeps booting into wrong drive even after changing boot order.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS keeps booting into wrong drive even after changing boot order.: Hello, Recently out of nowhere my system boots into my HDD and not to my boot drive NVME drive. I don't have Windows installed on the HDD only on my NVME. Every time i turn my pc on it goes into Diagnosing problem with start up and leads me to the recovery menu. I have to go...
  3. BIOS keeps booting into wrong drive even after changing boot order.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS keeps booting into wrong drive even after changing boot order.: Hello, Recently out of nowhere my system boots into my HDD and not to my boot drive NVME drive. I don't have Windows installed on the HDD only on my NVME. Every time i turn my pc on it goes into Diagnosing problem with start up and leads me to the recovery menu. I have to go...
  4. Wrong boot order keeps happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong boot order keeps happening: Hello, I had a problem some weeks ago in which my computer would turn on to the black screen with the message of boot device not found or wrong boot selected restart computer and select proper boot device. something like that. What I would have to do is go to restart it and...
  5. Wrong boot order keeps happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong boot order keeps happening: Hello, I had a problem some weeks ago in which my computer would turn on to the black screen with the message of boot device not found or wrong boot selected restart computer and select proper boot device. something like that. What I would have to do is go to restart it and...
  6. Windows 10 Updates Keep Changing Boot Order

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Keep Changing Boot Order: I have both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 installed on my Lenovo Legion Y7000 laptop. I useGRUB to choose which operating system to load when I start my computer. In the past 3 days however, Windows 10 has twice changed my BIOS boot order so that GRUB is skipped and the...
  7. Boot order

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot order: Hello, BIOS (legacy type) is supposedly is able to edit the [I]boot order[I] but mine refused to do it, nothing happens. I'd like to put the CD drive in the first place, so my machine would be able to boot from it. I need it because the created rescue discs configured so....
  8. Automatic Repair on Boot Keeps Happening

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair on Boot Keeps Happening: I have a desktop PC using a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH mother board c. 2012 with the latest BIOS and running Windows 10 v1809. I turn the PC off at the mains when not in use I've had a few occurrences during the past 3 years when the PC fails to boot on initial power on and goes...
  9. dual monitors wrong order

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitors wrong order: Dual monitors have been running dual monitors both AOC AOC 27524 & Aoc 2351 for about a year. One monitor is HDMI 24 and other is VGA 19 . Both have run off same video card, after moving house monitors are displaying in wrong order showing VGA as monitor 1 and HDMI as...
  10. Boot Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Order?: Hello If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ? Will it “automatically” go to the second device (presumably a normal boot) ? Thanks, Bob 99882