Windows 10: wrong case is showing

Discus and support wrong case is showing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have a network drive which is z:. i have a folder called movies in it and i have a movie which is called kiki's delivery service.mp4 and all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cns00, Jan 18, 2020.

1. cns00 Win User

wrong case is showing

i have a network drive which is z:. i have a folder called movies in it and i have a movie which is called kiki's delivery service.mp4 and all the letters are in lower case

if i search for the movie in the windows start menu then it is showing in upper case and it's Kiki's Delivery Service as you can see in this picture:-

wrong case is showing [​IMG]

the problem is that i am unable to make it show all lower case in the search. if i change the file name then the new file name shows in the search and it's all lower case but if i put back the file name to as it was before then it goes back to upper case

i also have the same movie folder on an external hard disk and if i do a search for the movie on the external hard disk in the start menu then it is also showing in upper case. however, if i copied the file to my laptop hard disk and do a search for the movie on the laptop hard disk in the start menu then it shows in lower case. i also connected my external hard disk to another laptop and i did search for the movie in the start menu and it showed in lower case

what's going on and why is it insisting on upper case?

:)

cns00, Jan 18, 2020
  2. pepi74 Win User

GPU-Z is showing the wrong clocks

Last GPUZ that show correct clocks on my GT 240 was 0.3.9. I suggest you try it, and find if it is your case also *Smile wrong case is showing :)

0.40, 0.4.1 and 0.4.2 report wrong clock for shaders.

pepi74, Jan 18, 2020
  3. infrared Win User
    Help me to choose a case!

Ok, i'll put that on the maybe list then, it's a lovely case.

I'm off to bed anyway, keep the suggestions comin everyone!

Goodnight *Smile wrong case is showing :)

infrared, Jan 18, 2020
  4. drdeathx Win User

wrong case is showing

Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

wrong case is showing

1. wrong case is showing - Similar Threads - wrong case showing

2. Font is showing wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font is showing wrong: Several websites are displaying totally wrong font. Also, when using editing software I'm told I am missing the font Futura Medium which I am not, as I have the entire Futura font family installed.SO I suspect the problem is in Futura font, so when websites use this font its...
  3. Font is showing wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font is showing wrong: Several websites are displaying totally wrong font. Also, when using editing software I'm told I am missing the font Futura Medium which I am not, as I have the entire Futura font family installed.SO I suspect the problem is in Futura font, so when websites use this font its...
  4. Device Showing Wrong Location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Showing Wrong Location: I have two Windows 10 PC's, a desktop on ethernet and a laptop on WiFi. I noticed in my Microsoft account devices, occasionally the laptop shows it is in Nashville Tennessee while I am in Arizona? If I toggle find my device if comes back to Arizona. Also, if I change my Wifi...
  5. Computer showing the wrong time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer showing the wrong time: I've looked around google a bit and my settings and still have no answer to my problem. For some reason, my time is 7pm right now pacific standard time. It says that everywhere in my house and on google. But, my computer says its 10pm pacific standard time. Meaning it's 3...
  6. Windows showing wrong location

Windows showing wrong location: I live in Savannah, GA. But since a few weeks ago, my location has been shown as Napa, CA. I'm using Boot Camp on a MacBook Pro. macOS on the same machine shows the correct location. Apple Find My App shows the correct location. Cortana, Bing.com in Edge, Google Earth...
  7. Device showing up wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device showing up wrong: I have a mobile wifi A small modem with sim slot. The problem is, when I connect it to my computer, it is showing up as cd drive. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-showing-up-wrong/4274c450-cea7-47be-97b3-f724ff7614fc
  8. Devices Show Wrong Location

Devices Show Wrong Location: I have two laptops and two desktops. ALL devices consistently show the wrong address. It is an old address/location from when I first created a Microsoft account SEVERAL years ago. I've gone through my account multiple times making sure the correct location is listed. I...
  9. SSD not showing up (Not a usual case)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not showing up (Not a usual case): Well I searched all over the web and couldn't find a solution, and even managed to almost screw up everything. Basically I have 2 SSD, one with 110GB and another with 120GB. I just formatted everything and did a clean windows install. I chose the 110GB as the driver for the...
  10. Battery percentage showing wrong.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery percentage showing wrong.: When ever i hover over my pointer on my battery icon it's shows 1% extra than it's actual battery percentage. I also try to uninstall the battery drivers but still facing issue....