Windows 10: Wrong characters displaying on forums

Discus and support Wrong characters displaying on forums in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I am a member of a forum and someone is asking about errors they are seeing in some posts to the forum. The example that the person gave is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by v015eyjd, Nov 11, 2019.

1. v015eyjd Win User

Wrong characters displaying on forums

Hi all,

I am a member of a forum and someone is asking about errors they are seeing in some posts to the forum. The example that the person gave is:

"So for example, typing Don't it comes as Don #&37 t."

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? It hasn't happened to me, but I see it in replies others have posted to various threads.

:)

v015eyjd, Nov 11, 2019

2. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters.

Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard 1531. Did a Windows 10 update, now the keyboard will not work. It displays the wrong characters, for instance when I press the "b"-key it displays "By" and when I press the "o"-key it displays ";o". I tried it on two
    different laptops; same problem (the two laptops are a Surface and a Dell, both running Windows 10). I tried changing the batteries (two different sets), still does not work correctly. The keys incorrectly display the wrong characters on both laptops.

JamesW3_137, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Wrong characters displaying on forums

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Wrong characters displaying on forums

1. Wrong characters displaying on forums - Similar Threads - Wrong characters displaying

2. This may be the wrong forum; sorry if it is.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This may be the wrong forum; sorry if it is.: This may be the wrong forum; sorry if it is.I just setup a new computer, but now find that if I change the desktop on one for example delete icons, it affects the others. I need them to be different.I use OneDrive to access and synch documents, downloads, pictures etc. BUT I...
  3. This may be the wrong forum; sorry if it is.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This may be the wrong forum; sorry if it is.: This may be the wrong forum; sorry if it is.I just setup a new computer, but now find that if I change the desktop on one for example delete icons, it affects the others. I need them to be different.I use OneDrive to access and synch documents, downloads, pictures etc. BUT I...
  4. wrong characters in keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong characters in keys: I just bought my HP 840 G1 and noticed that all characters requiring use of SHIFT key were in the wrong keys what could be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-characters-in-keys/7c834f71-6758-45ce-bba1-3b395acdf67f
  5. wrong characters in keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wrong characters in keys: I just bought my HP 840 G1 and noticed that all characters requiring use of SHIFT key were in the wrong keys what could be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-characters-in-keys/7c834f71-6758-45ce-bba1-3b395acdf67f
  6. Wrong Characters . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Characters . . .: I have a Dell Laptop, running Windows 10 Pro . . . You are reading4 my problem. If I type g, upper and lower case. I get g4G$ If, I type h. Upper and lower case. I get h7H& Their are others. If, I type " I get ". If I type ' I get '0 Now, I'll type all numbers and letters....
  7. keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard typing wrong characters: My keyboard enters " when I type @ I choose UK English for the keyboard, and now can't find a way to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-wrong-characters/420ea5db-768d-4f4e-aef2-a2e992376ba2
  8. Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters.: Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard 1531. Did a Windows 10 update, now the keyboard will not work. It displays the wrong characters, for instance when I press the "b"-key it displays "By" and when I press the "o"-key it displays ";o". I tried it on two different laptops;...
  9. Microsoft Forums Not Displaying Correctly

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Forums Not Displaying Correctly: Starting last night, the MS 'Community' forums (answers.microsfot.com) started displaying oddly. A number of elements seemed misplaced. A prime example is attempting to reply to a thread. The reply window now looks like this: [img] I'm seeing this in both Chrome and...
  10. Wrong characters with keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong characters with keyboard: Hi My keyboard now displays @ when I press shift/double quotes and the opposite when I press shift/at sign. Where do I go to check what keyboard options have been set up during the upgrade. Thanks Daniel 10427