Windows 10: Wrong characters shown. Keyboard issue

Discus and support Wrong characters shown. Keyboard issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi My PC showed UK Keyboard after W10 installed, the only issue I found was that "@" showed instead of " " " and vice versa. To fix this I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daniellouwrens, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Wrong characters shown. Keyboard issue

Hi

My PC showed UK Keyboard after W10 installed, the only issue I found was that "@" showed instead of " " "
    and vice versa.

To fix this I changed the keyboard to US Keyboard, as it had been until W10, that fixed the problem but when I reboot it reverts to UK Keyboard.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Sep 3, 2015
  2. cnyd Win User

__International character problem

These characters are in Turkish alphabet. And some of senders name shown correctly whose name contain turkish characters.

Messages sender name, subject and attachment display is shown as below:

WRONG: =?iso-8859-9?Q?S=FCleyman?=

It must be shown as "Süleyman".

Thank you for your interest.

cnyd, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Parpaluck Win User
    Parpaluck, Sep 3, 2015
  4. tinmar49 Win User

Wrong characters shown. Keyboard issue

I presume that you changed the kb defaults in "control panel", "language".

tinmar49, Sep 3, 2015
  5. Hi

yes I have, I also tried the Windows Key/Space options and neither takes after a reboot, always reverting to UK Keyboard.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Sep 3, 2015
  6. @@""

It's fixed, I went through all CP Language options and deleted everything that wasn't Australia and/or US.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Wrong characters shown. Keyboard issue

1. Wrong characters shown. Keyboard issue - Similar Threads - Wrong characters shown

2. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: Hello, to the people who can help.My laptop keyboard typing keeps going wrong after I cleaned it with spray.The characters that were incorrect"a" as "da""c" as "cz" or "zc""d" as "ad""e" as "qe"space as ",""k" as "/k", "k/" and enter"q" as "eq""z" as "cz" or "zc"enter as "k/"...
  3. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: Hello, to the people who can help.My laptop keyboard typing keeps going wrong after I cleaned it with spray.The characters that were incorrect"a" as "da""c" as "cz" or "zc""d" as "ad""e" as "qe"space as ",""k" as "/k", "k/" and enter"q" as "eq""z" as "cz" or "zc"enter as "k/"...
  4. keyboard types wrong characters in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard types wrong characters in windows 11: My keyboard types wrong characters and the wrong symbols in windows 11I have checked the input language and all other settings which are all correctI have tried Troubleshooting Hardware not listed used keyboard no problems foundAlso un-installing and Installing Keyboard...
  5. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: My keyboard is typing wrong characters, when I press altgr+Q for bring the @ symbol it always shows @ plus another ramdom character. How I can fix this?...
  6. Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters?

Laptop keyboard gives wrong characters?: I have 4 user accounts on my laptop and this error only occurs with one, with the others everything is normal. Anyway: The keyboard always gives me wrong characters. I click on the "u" and a "4" appears. And this is the case with several characters. Cleaning the keyboard...
  7. keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard typing wrong characters: My keyboard enters " when I type @ I choose UK English for the keyboard, and now can't find a way to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-wrong-characters/420ea5db-768d-4f4e-aef2-a2e992376ba2
  8. Keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing wrong characters: Win 10- up to date -Asus desktop-recently began typing the wrong letters when I am trying to find a file in my documents, pictures etc..this has been asked before but the reply from 2016 doesn't apply to my Settings topics..why is this suddenly happening ? This is the only...
  9. Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters.

Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters.: Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard 1531. Did a Windows 10 update, now the keyboard will not work. It displays the wrong characters, for instance when I press the "b"-key it displays "By" and when I press the "o"-key it displays ";o". I tried it on two different laptops;...
  10. Wrong characters with keyboard

Wrong characters with keyboard: Hi My keyboard now displays @ when I press shift/double quotes and the opposite when I press shift/at sign. Where do I go to check what keyboard options have been set up during the upgrade. Thanks Daniel 10427