Windows 10: Wrong Characters . . .

Discus and support Wrong Characters . . . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell Laptop, running Windows 10 Pro . . . You are reading4 my problem. If I type g, upper and lower case. I get g4G$ If, I type h. Upper and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Wrong Characters . . .

I have a Dell Laptop, running Windows 10 Pro . . .
    You are reading4 my problem. If I type g, upper and lower case. I get g4G$

If, I type h. Upper and lower case. I get h7H& Their are others.
    If, I type " I get ". If I type ' I get '0

Now, I'll type all numbers and letters. To give you the big picture.

1\23g456h789'0 abcdefg4h7ijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
    Upper case = ABCDEFG4H7IJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

I always get h7H& and g4G$ As well, as th7e rest.
    Please don't suggest, reformatting. My USB Drive. is too small for all my data

I know th7is is very confusing4. "Help" Th7anks for reading4 . . . Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Apr 24, 2020

2. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Apr 24, 2020
  3. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 24, 2020
  4. petrib Win User

Wrong Characters . . .

Wrong characters in sms export

What are the wrong characters, exactly (and what should they be)? How do you determine that the characters are wrong (maybe it is just the wrong encoding for the application you are trying to use the data in)?

petrib, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Wrong Characters . . .

1. Wrong Characters . . . - Similar Threads - Wrong Characters

2. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: Hello, to the people who can help.My laptop keyboard typing keeps going wrong after I cleaned it with spray.The characters that were incorrect"a" as "da""c" as "cz" or "zc""d" as "ad""e" as "qe"space as ",""k" as "/k", "k/" and enter"q" as "eq""z" as "cz" or "zc"enter as "k/"...
  3. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: Hello, to the people who can help.My laptop keyboard typing keeps going wrong after I cleaned it with spray.The characters that were incorrect"a" as "da""c" as "cz" or "zc""d" as "ad""e" as "qe"space as ",""k" as "/k", "k/" and enter"q" as "eq""z" as "cz" or "zc"enter as "k/"...
  4. Hello... On my dell latitude e7240, on pressing SHIFT+another key, gives wrong characters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello... On my dell latitude e7240, on pressing SHIFT+another key, gives wrong characters.: Language is set to UK english Key 2 has " at the top and @ on the same line as 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-on-my-dell-latitude-e7240-on-pressing/7733e123-892c-4a5c-8676-f178e031c9a1
  5. Hello... On my dell latitude e7240, on pressing SHIFT+another key, gives wrong characters.

Hello... On my dell latitude e7240, on pressing SHIFT+another key, gives wrong characters.: Language is set to UK english Key 2 has " at the top and @ on the same line as 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-on-my-dell-latitude-e7240-on-pressing/7733e123-892c-4a5c-8676-f178e031c9a1
  6. Hello... On my dell latitude e7240, on pressing SHIFT+another key, gives wrong characters.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My keyboard types wrong characters and the wrong symbols sometimes in windows 11, usually...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard types wrong characters and the wrong symbols sometimes in windows 11, usually...: It started after the last windows 11 updated. In Word / Notepad are all fine. And in typing this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-wrong-characters-and-the-wrong/760eeaae-dbc4-4d29-91ab-d1310d0da660
  8. My keyboard types wrong characters and the wrong symbols sometimes in windows 11, usually...

My keyboard types wrong characters and the wrong symbols sometimes in windows 11, usually...: It started after the last windows 11 updated. In Word / Notepad are all fine. And in typing this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-wrong-characters-and-the-wrong/760eeaae-dbc4-4d29-91ab-d1310d0da660
  9. Wrong characters being typed into the File name input field of the Save As dialog box in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong characters being typed into the File name input field of the Save As dialog box in...: Hi everyone,First the problem: 1. I'm searching for image or gif or PDF files on any of Chrome or Edge. I want to save any JPEG, JPG, GIF, PDF, etc. file.2. I right-click on one such file and select Save image as... or Save as... depending on the file I'm about to save.3. The...
  10. Wrong characters being typed into the File name input field of the Save As dialog box in...

Wrong characters being typed into the File name input field of the Save As dialog box in...: Hi everyone,First the problem: 1. I'm searching for image or gif or PDF files on any of Chrome or Edge. I want to save any JPEG, JPG, GIF, PDF, etc. file.2. I right-click on one such file and select Save image as... or Save as... depending on the file I'm about to save.3. The...