Windows 10: Wrong cpu being displayed

Discus and support Wrong cpu being displayed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi ,Ive just notice that my cpu in task manger says i5 6400 and its an i5 6500 please see screen shot .any ideas please 178600 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rushy7uk, May 4, 2021.

1. rushy7uk Win User

Wrong cpu being displayed

Hi ,Ive just notice that my cpu in task manger says i5 6400 and its an i5 6500 please see screen shot .any ideas please

:)

rushy7uk, May 4, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

Try a different diagnostic such as CPU-Z, it's free.
    CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID
    If the computer is still under warranty check your bill of sale then contact the seller. If you got the wrong product not much can be done here to help.
    Comparison of the Notebook I'm on now:

Wrong cpu being displayed [​IMG]

Berton, May 4, 2021
  3. Rick.T Win User
    Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, May 4, 2021
  4. rushy7uk Win User

Hi ,Ive just notice that my cpu in task manger
    Wrong cpu being displayed [​IMG]
    says i5 6400 and its an i5 6500 please see screen shot .any ideas please

rushy7uk, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Wrong cpu being displayed - Similar Threads - Wrong cpu being

2. Automatically being connected to the wrong network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatically being connected to the wrong network: Everytime when my PC boots up or turns on after sleep mode, it's annoying that I have to switch to the proper network.I have 1 internet router. Though, in the network list, both on my phone and PC, there are 2 networks, both connect to the same internet router that I have....
  3. Wrong Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong Display Resolution: TLDR: Windows 10 won't show proper display resolution. 1920x1080 resolution shows up and shows applied, but is not actually applied. Google Search not helping. OG: Windows 10 will not display 1080p resolution and I am at a loss for what to do. I have uninstalled and...
  4. Displaying in Wrong Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displaying in Wrong Resolution: I have a monitor which displays 1440x900 but when I go into settings to try to change the resolution, it only gives me a few options, non of which are the correct resolution. This results in an incorrect aspect ratio and stretching. I've tried uninstalling the display adapter...
  5. Wrong CPU cores display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong CPU cores display in Task Manager: Hi All, Hope you guys are doing good. there is a strange problem with my windows 10, that i can not see correct core information and i assume therefore my Windows is running slow. My Device manager shows total 16 cores in CPU section, however in Task manager i only see 4...
  6. The wrong font is displaying.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The wrong font is displaying.: Dear Microsoft & Users, I am experiencing this specifically on my Laptop, i've tried it on different computers, its working fine on others but not in mine. System Details :- Lenovo Z-51, Windows 10 [ATTACH]...
  7. Wrong postcode being filled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong postcode being filled: When my postcode is required it is often filled in automatically. However, recently some of the occasions have resulted in an extra number being added and this causes problems for those who are despatching goods to me....
  8. Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge: SInce this morning, when I started up Edge, the display was in Arabic (or some similar language) and not English, if I search for MSN.com for example it initially displays in English then goes to Arabic. My language settings all seem fine, but Edge keeps redirecting to the...
  9. Wrong cpu temp in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong cpu temp in Windows: Hello, i have a AMD A10 7890K and in Windows, programms like coretemp, aida64, read the wrong temperature. While gaming aida64 says my cpu is around 40C and while stress testing its around 45C. My Bios displays te temps corectly. When i boot my pc from a cold start aida says...
  10. Wrong display on startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Wrong display on startup: I use two monitors, but the wrong one has the display when I start the computer. Monitor 1 is at the left and monitor 2 at the right, in front of me. Although monitor 2 is designated as the main display, when the computer starts up, a display appears only on monitor 1, and...