Windows 10: wrong CPU cores in Task Manager

Discus and support wrong CPU cores in Task Manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i upgraded my CPU from i7-7820x 8core/16Threads to i9 14cores/28threads, the Bios shows all 14cores, Device manager shows all 28threads, in the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aliza516, May 13, 2020.

1. aliza516 Win User

wrong CPU cores in Task Manager

i upgraded my CPU from i7-7820x 8core/16Threads to i9 14cores/28threads, the Bios shows all 14cores, Device manager shows all 28threads, in the task manager the model of the processor is correct, but still shows 8cores/16threads, i have reboothed the cpu twice, still shows the old processor values

:)

aliza516, May 13, 2020

2. Task Manager has different CPU Usage

Hi,I am Vanshita, an Independent Windows Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Thank you

vanshitavanshita, May 13, 2020
  3. Scroll issues in Task Manager, Windows 10

steps to reproduce the problem

1. open task manager
    2. click on more details if its not
    3. go to performance tab
    4. decrease its height till it has two scrolls for the two sections
    5. hover over the right section (CPU, Memory, …) and try to scroll

what is expected to happen

the right section to scroll

what went wrong

the left section is scrolling instead

***Modified Title from: can't scroll task manager***

robertisaac, May 13, 2020
  4. wrong CPU cores in Task Manager

problem cores cpu

hello

my cpu is 4 core but task manager show the 2 core:

http://dl4.tajdownload.ir//Untitled.png

why fixed?

my os is windows 10 64bit enterprise - version 1709 - build 16299.125

cpu: a8-7600

mohammada1, May 13, 2020
Thema:

wrong CPU cores in Task Manager

1. wrong CPU cores in Task Manager - Similar Threads - wrong CPU cores

2. Task Manager CPU utilization per process is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager CPU utilization per process is wrong: Why does the CPU column value not reflect the true CPU utilization? When my CPU gets pinned at close to 100% for minutes at a time physically hearing fans go fast, and the PSU reporting HIGH wattage draw, trying to figure out the true CPU utilization of the offending...
  3. Task Manager CPU utilization per process is wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager CPU utilization per process is wrong: Why does the CPU column value not reflect the true CPU utilization? When my CPU gets pinned at close to 100% for minutes at a time physically hearing fans go fast, and the PSU reporting HIGH wattage draw, trying to figure out the true CPU utilization of the offending...
  4. Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage: Hi,I noticed Windows task manager showing high CPU usage while not running any heavy tasks mostly WMI Provider Host but when checking this from other sources the CPU usage is normal both MSI center as NVIDIA perfomance overlay show values between 1-5%.I'm running Windows 11...
  5. CPU CORES & TASK BAR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU CORES & TASK BAR: My i5-10210U processor have 4 cores but my task manager only show me one chart! Are my other cores disabled? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-cores-task-bar/e7f4ee97-3953-437f-b3e1-3db72fc1598a
  6. TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED: I USE AMD RYZEN 5 4600H AND ITS BASE CLOCK IS 3 GHZ BUT THE TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING ME 2.99 GHZ AS BASE BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT I SEE THAT THE ALL CORES ARE 100 % UTILIZED BUT THE SPEED IS STILL 2.99 GHZ WHEREAS 4 GHZ IS THE MAX SPEED...
  7. Wrong CPU cores display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong CPU cores display in Task Manager: Hi All, Hope you guys are doing good. there is a strange problem with my windows 10, that i can not see correct core information and i assume therefore my Windows is running slow. My Device manager shows total 16 cores in CPU section, however in Task manager i only see 4...
  8. Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong: The task manager showing only one Processor Core while Device manager shows 4 No of Core. the print screen attached.... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-of-processes-core-showing-on-task-manager/5d5d3eea-aa7d-4bdd-b692-57fe94a1fe66
  9. Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages

Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages: Hi. My windows task manager seems to be corrupt or damaged showing invalid low processor Utilisation. Also noticed that Resource Manager displays the same values. here are a few things i have tried. - Sfc /scannow - Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - Updated...
  10. Task manager aggregate CPU using looks wrong

Task manager aggregate CPU using looks wrong: The total CPU use (%) often doesn't match the details for the individual programs. In the attached screenshot you can see the total CPU is 67% but the individual app usage totals significantly lower than that (approx. 9%). I'm not sure whether there are "hidden" processes...