Windows 10: wrong "date created" in photos app and won't let me change the date

Discus and support wrong "date created" in photos app and won't let me change the date in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't change the "date created" on several photos and videos. After import from my iphone to Onedrive, they show "date created" the date on which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Susianne, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Susianne Win User

wrong "date created" in photos app and won't let me change the date

I can't change the "date created" on several photos and videos.

After import from my iphone to Onedrive, they show

"date created" the date on which I imported them from the iphone e.g. 1/25/2019

"date modified" the actual date created e.g. 6/14/2018

When I use the left click to change date in the photos app, I get an error message "date could not be changed"

:)

Susianne, Jan 27, 2019

2. Photos app dates

In the windows photo app is there a way to manually change the dates of photos imported? Changing the date settings on devices does not help, all the photos I import are listed with wrong dates by several years. Very frustrating!

I understand that the device I am importing photos from is probably to blame for the incorrect date, what I am looking for is a way to correct this manually from within the app itself.

My photo collection is now chaos and I am forced to keep a mud map on paper of when the photos were actually taken, in the hope of finding a way to correct this here.

Please help! thanks.

SaintSimon, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 - Photo app wrong dates

Hi,

Incorrect time settings may be the possible reason why your Photo app shows wrong dates. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried checking the system time whether it's set correctly?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Can't change photo date

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the file extension for the photos which are facing the issue?

It is possible that the Windows photos app has gone corrupted due to the involvement of third party websites/applications.

You can try to run app troubleshooter and check if that fixes the issue.

Refer to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Alternatively, you can try the following steps to change the date of the photos:

1. Select the file from the file explorer.
    2. Right click on it and click on Properties.
    3. In the image properties, click on the Details tab.
    4. Look for the section Origin>Date taken and click on the mentioned date.
    5. Edit the date accordingly and click on Apply and OK.
    Get back to us with the required detail to help you further.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

1. wrong "date created" in photos app and won't let me change the date - Similar Threads - wrong date created

2. Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date: I recently added a large batch of photos to my PC that were previously in Google Photos.I like to use the Microsoft Photos app to view my photos by date, but the added photos are all showing up under the date that I added them Oct 22, rather than by date taken January 2019...
  3. Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date: I recently added a large batch of photos to my PC that were previously in Google Photos.I like to use the Microsoft Photos app to view my photos by date, but the added photos are all showing up under the date that I added them Oct 22, rather than by date taken January 2019...
  4. Who do I change the "Date Created" on a photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who do I change the "Date Created" on a photo?: Who do I change the "Date Created" on a photo? I have not be able to edit this in the details window of the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-do-i-change-the-date-created-on-a-photo/d795d705-795f-47c0-bd84-0cea41b63c82
  5. Who do I change the "Date Created" on a photo?

Who do I change the "Date Created" on a photo?: Who do I change the "Date Created" on a photo? I have not be able to edit this in the details window of the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-do-i-change-the-date-created-on-a-photo/d795d705-795f-47c0-bd84-0cea41b63c82
  6. Who do I change the "Date Created" on a photo?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10: I cannot get Windows 10 to let me change the dates on photos that are wrong. I cannot get Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials 2012. I cannot see where I can open a dialoque box that allows me to open up a box for date taken and not date created....
  8. Can't change photo date

Can't change photo date: Why can't I change the data on some (most) of my photos, yet on some (a few) I can. Procedure is the same; select a photo's tick box in collection view, right click menu but then Change date is greyed out. Why? I can't see anything consistent about which photos will and...
  9. WRONG DATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    WRONG DATE: Hey :) What can I do, if some Computers show up the wrong date? they are connected with internet and to ure servers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/wrong-date/03bd42ab-edf3-4097-82db-2c517b71bfd9
  10. Windows 10 Photos app displaying wrong dates.

Windows 10 Photos app displaying wrong dates.: I'm uploading photos/videos from my iPhone from a trip I just got back from. All events took place in August, but the photos app is marking many as September. Even some photos (Aug 12) that are older are marked as September while newer photos (Aug 25) are marked as August. My...