Windows 10: Wrong Display Driver After Clean Install

Discus and support Wrong Display Driver After Clean Install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just did a clean install of Windows 10. B ut Windows believes it is using the correct display driver but it isn't. I pole have 3 selections for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesJoey, Sep 4, 2019.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Wrong Display Driver After Clean Install

Just did a clean install of Windows 10. B ut Windows believes it is using the correct display driver but it isn't.

I pole have 3 selections for Display Resolution and nope of them is correct.

My pc is out of warranty and HP wouldn't help me without me paying money

Any help will be appreciated,

James

:)

JamesJoey, Sep 4, 2019

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Wrong Display Driver After Clean Install

Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Wrong Display Driver After Clean Install

1. Wrong Display Driver After Clean Install - Similar Threads - Wrong Display Driver

2. Missing drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing drivers after clean install: My son's ACER Aspire A515-51G that he uses for school was running very slow and at times wouldn't boot. I tried to use the recovery USB to reset it to factory but it would hang at 30% every time and didn't matter which way I tried from inside Windows, booting from the USB,...
  3. Missing drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing drivers after clean install: My son's ACER Aspire A515-51G that he uses for school was running very slow and at times wouldn't boot. I tried to use the recovery USB to reset it to factory but it would hang at 30% every time and didn't matter which way I tried from inside Windows, booting from the USB,...
  4. Missing drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 wrong version after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 wrong version after clean install: Hello, my Alienware came with Windows 10 Home x64 installed, then I did upgrade to Pro I have the purchase confirmation email. I got a new m.2 NVMe SSD HDD, no more and did a clean install but the usb tool didn't gave me any option to install Windows 10 Pro. So, when the...
  6. Installing motherboard and ssd drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing motherboard and ssd drivers after clean install: I did a clean win 10 install following the guide by Brinck forund here on Tenforums. I have also downloaded the most recent drivers for my motherboard (Asus, B360M-K Prime) from Asus site (chipset, SATA, LAN and Audio) (found here) I have a few questions regarding the...
  7. Clean install has gone wrong

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install has gone wrong: My laptop had these specs Processor Intel i5-5200 CPU @2.20 GHz, Ram 8.0 GB Local Disk 464 GB 78 GG free Windows 10 - not sure of the exact version It was slow so I paid someone to replace the disk with a 1TB SSD one. No good. So I did a clean install and it didn't work. Now...
  8. What drivers to install after clean install/reformat?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What drivers to install after clean install/reformat?: Just did a fresh install for my win 10, but abit clueless on the Drivers I need to install. I read from somewhere that Windows Update will just do all the work for u. And from another forum, I read that u have to install manually like the chipset Drivers. BUT IS THE CHIPSET...
  9. Network Sharing Showing Wrong Files After Clean Install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing Showing Wrong Files After Clean Install: I have a windows 7 PC and a windows 10 laptop connected through a wireless home network. I was able to share files between both computers until I changed hard-drives in the windows 7 machine and performed a clean install. Now I am only able to see my win7 PC from my win10...
  10. Secondary Display not showing after clean install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary Display not showing after clean install: I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 and updated all Windows to the most recent, however Windows does'nt see or recognise my secondary Display/TV. There have been no changes to my TV setting, they remain as they were before I did the clean install, I have the most up...