Windows 10: Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11

Discus and support Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using Windows 11. A few weeks ago, I noticed these gray lines on the left pane of the File Explorer, specifically on the Libraries section.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kyokko R., Jul 31, 2022.

1. Kyokko R. Win User

Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11

Hello, I'm using Windows 11. A few weeks ago, I noticed these gray lines on the left pane of the File Explorer, specifically on the Libraries section. I'm not sure why this is happening. It doesn't matter if the theme is light or dark; I face the same issue. Regards.

:)

Kyokko R., Jul 31, 2022

2. Why is the right pane of File Explorer showing the wrong folders?

Thanks for your response.

Correct Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11 :)

It's one of the few Win 10 improvements over Win XP. In XP, it all had to be done by the registry (roughly 8 hacks - not bad). I can't remember how I moved the Win 7 folders.

I was quite willing to have a go - but the contents of my right pane have now changed relative to my OP Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11 :)

You can see that (for the library root only), the right pane separates out the files into sub-folders (as in Win 7 library roots). I think it might have been caused yesterday when I used one of Brink's excellent tutorials to set all my right panes to "Details" view by default.

So, I'll keep this current setup - at least for a few weeks. I need to catch up with all the time I've wasted on this new laptop, trying to convert it to simple XP - or at least Win 7. I'm expecting Windows 11 to show every file folder in the left navigation pane.

However, I'll keep your suggestion in mind. Can you please explain what you mean by this - a list of the actual steps might help:

Thanks.

OldGrantonian, Jul 31, 2022
  3. JohnnyGui Win User
    Weird Explorer hang when Libraries are shown in Navigation Pane?

For some reason, showing the "Libraries" header in the left Navigation Pane causes a specifc Explorer hang which forces you to either end it through Task Manager or wait for a really long time for it to become responsive again.

Before reporting this in the Feedback Hub, could someone please test this out for me with the following 3 steps?

1. Make sure "Libraries" are shown in the Navigation Pane by doing the following:

Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11 [​IMG]

2 Then right-click on any random file that you have that is associated with an app/software (audio file, document, etc.) and choose "Properties". In the Properties box, click on "Change" as shown here:

Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11 [​IMG]

3. In the upcoming list, choose "Look for another app on this PC":

A dialog box appears in which you can browse. Just click "Cancel" on that.

The Properties box then becomes unresponsive and I can't click anywhere on it.

Anyone else having this?

JohnnyGui, Jul 31, 2022
  4. Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11

Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11 windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 31, 2022
Thema:

Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11

1. Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Wrong division Libraries

2. Windows 11 file explorer left pane display issue when scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer left pane display issue when scrolling: When scrolling down in the navigation pane, the text for the bottom entry becomes stretched. The issue happens when you use two figures on the touchpad. when you grab the scrollbar or use an external mouse it doesn't happen....
  3. Windows 11 file explorer left pane display issue when scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer left pane display issue when scrolling: When scrolling down in the navigation pane, the text for the bottom entry becomes stretched. The issue happens when you use two figures on the touchpad. when you grab the scrollbar or use an external mouse it doesn't happen....
  4. Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11

Wrong division on the Libraries in the File Explorer left Pane - Windows 11: Hello, I'm using Windows 11. A few weeks ago, I noticed these gray lines on the left pane of the File Explorer, specifically on the Libraries section. I'm not sure why this is happening. It doesn't matter if the theme is light or dark; I face the same issue. Regards....
  5. Suddenly have 2 Music Libraries on the left-hand side of the File Explorer pane.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly have 2 Music Libraries on the left-hand side of the File Explorer pane.: I do not know how this happened or what I may have done to cause it but I am hoping someone will be able to show me how to fix the problem.On the left-hand pane of File Explorer, there are the standard libraries:OneDriveThis PC3D...
  6. Suddenly have 2 Music Libraries on the left-hand side of the File Explorer pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly have 2 Music Libraries on the left-hand side of the File Explorer pane.: I do not know how this happened or what I may have done to cause it but I am hoping someone will be able to show me how to fix the problem.On the left-hand pane of File Explorer, there are the standard libraries:OneDriveThis PC3D...
  7. Suddenly have 2 Music Libraries on the left-hand side of the File Explorer pane.

8. Change the order of folder left pane file explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the order of folder left pane file explorer.: Is there a way i can sort these network folders? so they're grouped? Instead of all over? https://i.imgur.com/qQrgusR.png (not by changing name ;)) submitted by /u/x3nius [link] [comments]...
  9. File explorer left pane machine details disappear ...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer left pane machine details disappear ...: Looks like a bug has been introduced with the latest update which I took on 11th August with the File Explorer left pane. The various machine details disappear once you go down a level and remain disappeared when you go back. It's the same with Home or Pro. Don't tell me,...
  10. Strange and cluttered File Explorer left pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange and cluttered File Explorer left pane: This is something that's been bothering me since I upgraded this Dell XPS8700 to windows 10 some two weeks or more ago. The left pane in File Explorer seems to duplicate my drive letters and info other than what's under the entry "This PC". If I look down the list,...