Windows 10: Wrong email address associated with windows 10 preventing login

Discus and support Wrong email address associated with windows 10 preventing login in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I’m writing to discuss a problem which is probably relatively rare but is an issue for me at the moment. During the process of repairing my daughters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rattenhuber, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Wrong email address associated with windows 10 preventing login

I’m writing to discuss a problem which is probably relatively rare but is an issue for me at the moment. During the process of repairing my daughters computer and upgrading it to an Ssd hard drive i realised that she had been logging into windows via an email address similar to hers but different by one number. Despite being somewhat baffled as to how she was able to continue to login i didnt give it 2 much further thought tbh. That is until i initiated a reset of the computer and now it wont accept the email or password and offers no option to ammend it, sticking on the log in screen and preventing any access to the computer. I assume that the only option left to me is to do a fresh install of windows. Therefore, my question is, how will i be able to reactivate the copy of windows which is clearly now associated to someone elses email address following the instalation?

:)

Rattenhuber, Jan 24, 2019
  2. AveryNash Win User

wrong email address on login and can't change it to a local login. the email that comes up is not associated with an MS account

I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago. Since then my laptop makes me login with an old email address. I am phasing that email address out and want to change my laptop login to NOT be that. When I go to "settings" for that login and try to change
    it to a local login I get, "something went wrong... your login was not changed to local... error code 0x80004005. When I login to a Microsoft account with that old email address it says one does not exists. How do I get it to let me use a local login...
    or get it changed to the login that actually IS associated with a MS account?

AveryNash, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Evga Step up program? Wrong address

*Roll Eyes Wrong email address associated with windows 10 preventing login :rolleyes:hi i put my 8800GTS in for the Step up program and my address was wrong do i just email them or cancel it and start it again bacuase the postage price is to low

Live OR Die, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Wrong email address associated with windows 10 preventing login

Win10 Reservation - I used the wrong email address

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and look for the suggestions provided by one of our MVP Andre Da Costa replied on June 3, 2015:

Changing Of email Address for windows 10 reservation

However you may cancel the current reservation and reserve again with the correct email address. Follow the below steps to cancel the reservation:

• Right click on the Get Windows 10 App or Windows icon located in right end of the taskbar.
    • Select “Check your upgrade status”.
    • Select “Cancel reservation”.
    Now reserve the Windows 10 once again with your correct email address.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Wrong email address associated with windows 10 preventing login

1. Wrong email address associated with windows 10 preventing login - Similar Threads - Wrong email address

2. Email Address Association

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email Address Association: I just built my own pc. Its been awhile since I have done such a thing, and it seems like things have changed a bit. I am migrating from an older all in one PC terribly outdated and slow IT also has windows 10 installed but I no longer know the activation key, so I bought a...
  3. Email Address Association

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Address Association: I just built my own pc. Its been awhile since I have done such a thing, and it seems like things have changed a bit. I am migrating from an older all in one PC terribly outdated and slow IT also has windows 10 installed but I no longer know the activation key, so I bought a...
  4. Email Address Association

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. wrong name associated with email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong name associated with email address: I changed my last name recently and thought I had changed it everywhere on my laptop - Microsoft, Google, Mail, Gmail, etc. When I send an email from my PC using the Mail app or Gmail app, my email address is still associated with my old name, even though in settings it shows...
  6. wrong name associated with email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wrong name associated with email address: I changed my last name recently and thought I had changed it everywhere on my laptop - Microsoft, Google, Mail, Gmail, etc. When I send an email from my PC using the Mail app or Gmail app, my email address is still associated with my old name, even though in settings it shows...
  7. User login screwed up - wrong email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User login screwed up - wrong email address: Hi.I'm going round in circles, hopefully someone can help.My daughter logged onto her grandmother's Win10 laptop via grandmother's user ID. She opened PowerPoint, but signed in using her own outlook address. Now, grandmother's user ID displays my daughter's email address and...
  8. Change email address associated with Windows 10 user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change email address associated with Windows 10 user: Hi I created an Windows 10 account standard for my daughter a few years ago but used my email. She now has her own email account hotmail so I tried to add it on her Windows 10 account but could not do it. Her new email has the parental controls to limit screen time...
  9. Wrong Email Address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong Email Address: M/Soft is telling me I need a fix to the system. When I try to accept it, M/Soft tells me they sent an email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. There is no such email address or company that I know of. I need M/Soft to use the correct email address. Please help....
  10. Wrong email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong email address: I restored my computer programs and when setting starting windows I made a mistake with my email address which actually belongs to someone else. When starting my computer I apparently have the wrong pin number and password. While tryin trying to recover them they send the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wrong email associated with windows