Windows 10: Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App

Discus and support Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I added two gmail email address to Window App within the last week. When I reply to messages in these accounts it picks up the sender address from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by candiekat, Apr 30, 2020.

1. candiekat Win User

Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App

I added two gmail email address to Window App within the last week. When I reply to messages in these accounts it picks up the sender address from a third gmail account. This doesn't happen with comcast or outlook addresses being used in the app.

Any suggestions?

:)

candiekat, Apr 30, 2020
  2. kjdawson1 Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Sam Vimes Win User
    Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Bastet Win User

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Wrong Email Address used in Windows Mail App - Similar Threads - Wrong Email Address

2. Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook: I have a wrong email address that keeps appearing in the Windows10 Mail pp not Outlook that I cannot deleteThere is no "X" to delete and using arrow keys and delete button does nothingNo, this is not in contacts, Several people have listed this issue and MS keep posting how...
  3. Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook: I have a wrong email address that keeps appearing in the Windows10 Mail pp not Outlook that I cannot deleteThere is no "X" to delete and using arrow keys and delete button does nothingNo, this is not in contacts, Several people have listed this issue and MS keep posting how...
  4. Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rogue email addresses in Windows10 Mail app: I have been posting an issue on another forum regarding rogue email addresses in my contacts when i try to email myself in the To box, when starting to add my email address i see other addresses, some with long strings of data that are not mine. I have tried various things...
  5. Wrong E-mail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong E-mail address: We got a new laptop today. We used an e-mail account yahoo, which has a letter missing. But we registered the office with the right e-mail addressyahoo. We cannot remove the wrong account. The only option is Manage. It only allows us to remove the correct e-mail address. I...
  6. MS App store and wrong email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS App store and wrong email address: Hi there, When Vodafone went away from email in New Zealand I changed my email address to a gmail one. I can log in to my MS account no problems using the new email account When I try to go and download a game from the app store and do a GET it pops asking me to login...
  7. Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.

in Browsers and Email
    Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.: I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can receive, send and reply to emails just fine. However, if she tries to send a new email she has to type in the complete...
  8. Wrong Email Address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong Email Address: M/Soft is telling me I need a fix to the system. When I try to accept it, M/Soft tells me they sent an email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. There is no such email address or company that I know of. I need M/Soft to use the correct email address. Please help....
  9. syncing email address on mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing email address on mail app: I managed to log in with the account but I was unable to sync my email address on Mail app with the error code 0x800700657. I tried to delete and re-setup the account, but it didn’t help....
  10. Wrong email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong email address: I restored my computer programs and when setting starting windows I made a mistake with my email address which actually belongs to someone else. When starting my computer I apparently have the wrong pin number and password. While tryin trying to recover them they send the...