Windows 10: Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop

Discus and support Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I setup my laptop with new microsoft account but with wrong email which doesn't exist, such as @gmail.com4, now i can't sign in to my laptop.. another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Len_123, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Len_123 Win User

Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop

I setup my laptop with new microsoft account but with wrong email which doesn't exist, such as @gmail.com4, now i can't sign in to my laptop.. another option is to sign-in is with security key. Any advice for this problem? Tks..

:)

Len_123, Jul 14, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

User account now has wrong microsoft email tied to it

Hello vexorg, Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop :)

You might check using step 3 in Option Two of the tutorial below to see if your son's email is listed under your "Email & app accounts". If so, deleting it will remove it.

*Arrow Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Jul 14, 2021
  3. vexorg Win User
    User account now has wrong microsoft email tied to it

Didn't work. I had already deleted the email account as I didn't want the thousands of junk emails on my drive.

The problem seems to be the Microsoft account below that email option in step 3. I cant disassociated that from my local account. If I go into manage that account then it takes me to his Microsoft web account manager.

vexorg, Jul 14, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Wrong email in setting up microsoft account for laptop - Similar Threads - Wrong email setting

2. Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?: I received an email today that there has been suspicious login activity on my Microsoft account, associated with my Gmail address. My Microsoft account is rarely used and is under a Hotmail address. Now here is where it gets weird.If I start the login process with my Gmail...
  3. Used wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop: I have just brought a new hp laptop and when setting up device I used the incorrect email address, now I can't log into laptop because it's not my email address. Please help...
  4. Used wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Used wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop: I have just brought a new hp laptop and when setting up device I used the incorrect email address, now I can't log into laptop because it's not my email address. Please help...
  5. Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account: I apparently made a typo in the email address I used to set up a new computer while registering a Microsoft account name ie email address. This computer was originally purchased and set up about 8 months ago. In all of that time since, I was never prompted to login with a...
  6. Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account: I apparently made a typo in the email address I used to set up a new computer while registering a Microsoft account name ie email address. This computer was originally purchased and set up about 8 months ago. In all of that time since, I was never prompted to login with a...
  7. Set-up of Windows 10 computer using wrong email address Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    wrong microsoft account when setting up laptop: I just got a new laptop and during set up it asked me for a Microsoft account. Me, being technology illiterate, assumed I didn't have one and so used my mobile number. It turns out both my email accounts are Microsoft accounts so when it then asked me to add an email...
  9. New Laptop Accidentally Set Up With Wrong Microsoft Account

New Laptop Accidentally Set Up With Wrong Microsoft Account: I have just purchased a new HP laptop (Windows 10). During setup I accidentally used an existing family Microsoft Account; however this is mainly associated with my son’s Xbox Gold (account), thus when trying to access software like Outlook, etcetera they open up...
  10. PC set up with wrong Microsoft account

PC set up with wrong Microsoft account: Hi, My mum was trying to set up her new computer (Windows 10) and created a Microsoft account (not local). Then she realised that she could not log on to the computer and from what I could gather (I'm helping her remotely as I'm working overseas), I believe that she must...