Windows 10: Wrong email used at MS Store

Discus and support Wrong email used at MS Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was logged in with the wrong email when I purchased an app, now my correct account (with active devices) cannot access the purchase. As I write this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Phreqy, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Phreqy Win User

Wrong email used at MS Store

I was logged in with the wrong email when I purchased an app, now my correct account (with active devices) cannot access the purchase. As I write this I am thinking the Return process might just as well be a decent solution.

If an easier solution exists please do post.

Most appreciated

:)

Phreqy, Nov 10, 2019
  2. PBAPaul Win User

Store not using correct MS Account

Hi
    ThofikhAhamad

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately they did not work.

We used the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter and this showed no problems. I have previously tried using a local account and then switching back to the Microsoft Account. I tried again and the problem persists.

The scenario is as follows:

• My wife start the computer.
    • She logs in to her Microsoft Account which is equivalent to L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. using her MS Account password.
    • She opens MS Store and tries to download an app.
    • She is asked for the password to my L:
      *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account.
    • She has now entered that password and is allowed to download.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Login to her Microsoft Account using her MS Account password.
    • Open MS Store and try to download an app.
    • Successfully download the app!
    • Check the account details via the icon just by the search box.
    • This shows that I am logged on with my
      L: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account.
    • Go to "See Account" and this shows my wife's name and
      L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.
    • Use that screen to go to the Store which again
      shows my wife's name and L:
      *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.
    • Select an app from the lists.
    • See the details of the app and check the account details and guess what! It shows me at
      my L: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account.
    I am sorry about the detail explanation but as you can see; something is wrong and I can/have spent hours going round in circles trying to resolve the issue.

Any help that you can give me would be very gratefully received - both by me and my wife!

Thanks

PBAPaul, Nov 10, 2019
  3. waynerice Win User
    MS store has wrong email login

I have no idea why on my laptop MS store thinks my address is (not actual) *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The address it presents is a long-dead email and I cannot tell you why that is except I think I was not using my MS account to do anything else at the time but the store.
    Years after I created an MS account for my PC and have no problems with it. When I use my current address/login ANYWHERE else for MS it works. The store does not allow you to input an email, only a password - I have long lost it and have no idea - and any
    notifications it sends to that email of course die. On the laptop I can login to MS, i can use all functions but go to the store and there's the bad email. I added emails to the account for alternate logins but cannot access them because I can't provide any
    password and any reset -send to another address hasn't worked.

The DPC errors have been frequent and long-standing I cannot go 5 min without one, which makes fixing almost impossible. I ran whocrashed (?) and it gave me an analysis but that is on e the laptop and I can't stay on long enough to copy/paste amd email it
    to my PC. It said the OS was the problem in an unknown driver - MS W10 is repeatedly crashing my laptop.

So I have two critical issues that I cannot get in front of due to no options for loggin into store and no control over crashes.

I'm about to convert the laptop to a doorstop if I can't find some way to resolve this - it's been months...

Thanks for any help.

waynerice, Nov 10, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Wrong email used at MS Store - Similar Threads - Wrong email used

2. MS wrong email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS wrong email.: Have just set up an old laptop for a friend and when creating an MS account for him I entered his wrong email address.How do I change it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-wrong-email/92892e91-9517-43de-8149-ceb03d030b6e
  3. MS wrong email.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS wrong email.: Have just set up an old laptop for a friend and when creating an MS account for him I entered his wrong email address.How do I change it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-wrong-email/92892e91-9517-43de-8149-ceb03d030b6e
  4. MS wrong email.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account: 1 I am asked to sign into a work site2 I enter my Gmail account, which is registered under MS3 I click on approve, on MS authenticator app android4 After I approve, the web page gives an error message, because it uses my HOTMAIL email instead of using my GMAIL email, which is...
  6. MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account: 1 I am asked to sign into a work site2 I enter my Gmail account, which is registered under MS3 I click on approve, on MS authenticator app android4 After I approve, the web page gives an error message, because it uses my HOTMAIL email instead of using my GMAIL email, which is...
  7. MS Store and dead email account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store and dead email account: I want to download a free app, CSV Viewer and the store only puts up an old dead email account for me to log in with , even if I am already logged in with my real email address. I cannot find away round this and I DO NOT want to create a new account. I have no idea what to do...
  8. MS App store and wrong email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS App store and wrong email address: Hi there, When Vodafone went away from email in New Zealand I changed my email address to a gmail one. I can log in to my MS account no problems using the new email account When I try to go and download a game from the app store and do a GET it pops asking me to login...
  9. MS Store defaults to wrong Country

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store defaults to wrong Country: So, now that MS has abandoned Windows Mobile 10, we've all put our money into another phone platform. In my case - an iPhone. In order to be able to view my iPhone photos on my Windows 10 Pro desktop, I need to download the Microsoft HEVC Video Extension at a cost of...
  10. Used wrong email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Used wrong email: Hey so I was wondering if there is anything to fix this, when I was switching the admin to another email i used the wrong email that belongs to somebody random. I have tried to wipe my computer clean but it dosent work and says that "it had problems" restarting. Is there...