Windows 10: Wrong "generic" icons for Acrobat DC's files

Discus and support Wrong "generic" icons for Acrobat DC's files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi there, i had a few rogue installations of Acrobat DC, now i installed the new one from the cloud official from adobe creative cloud etc. now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gabgab, Feb 1, 2020.

1. gabgab Win User

Wrong "generic" icons for Acrobat DC's files

hi there,

i had a few rogue installations of Acrobat DC, now i installed the new one from the cloud official from adobe creative cloud etc.

now it fully works fine however the icons show up just as white. if i select another app to open, say chrome or IE, correct icons for those work.

how can i fix it? win10 64 bit - Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.592]

thank you,
    Gabrio

:)

gabgab, Feb 1, 2020

2. I cannot see the information in my files because of Acrobat Reader DC icons

I have two icons on my desktop that has the Acrobat Reader DC icon. This icon showed up automatically which replaced the original icons. Now when I try to open either file, I cannot see the information that I have in the past placed in these files. How
    do I get rid of the Acrobat Reader DC icons and be able to see the information that are on these two files?

Is there such a thing as an Acrobat Reader DC browser? If so, perhaps I inadvertently made a wrong keyboard move that replaced a passed browser that allowed me to open these files.

Hopefully someone will know and understand what I'm saying and be able to offer help to resolve this problem. Thank you in advance.

Moved from: [ Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / PC ]

Original title: Broswer

CharlesGreenwald, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Acrobat Pro DC

I'm trying to install that Acrobat Pro DC but the file takes me to Acrobat Reader Touch. Adobe support sent me 3 different links and I had the same issue. I tried different browsers too. They advised me to change me settings and that didn't work. I was advised
    to contact Microsoft. Any suggestions??

[moved from German forums]

KimberlyMiller5, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Wrong "generic" icons for Acrobat DC's files

Cannot Delete Acrobat Reader DC Install File

I am using windows 10 and I am having a problem trying to delete the Acrobat Reader DC Install File.

I went to the Adobe website and download the Acrobat Reader DC Install file to my desktop.

I then clicked on the install icon and the install went okay.

I then clicked on the icon that the install created on my desktop and all was fine for me to use the Acrobat Reader DC software.

I then tried to delete the Acrobat Reader DC Install file and now I am getting the following error ...

When I right click on the file I get ... File Access Denied / You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file (I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR).

I then click on the continue button and I still get the File Access Denied ...

I shutdown the system and waited 10 minutes and then the system came up (OKAY) and I still have the same problem.

Can someone please help ...

Thanks

Kenneth Pincus, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Wrong "generic" icons for Acrobat DC's files

1. Wrong "generic" icons for Acrobat DC's files - Similar Threads - Wrong generic icons

2. Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acrobat Reader DC: How do you make ... Acrobat Reader DC ... my default reader?It was before something changed the default.I do not know where it was changed or how to change it back.Thanks for any help with this....
  3. Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acrobat Reader DC: How do you make ... Acrobat Reader DC ... my default reader?It was before something changed the default.I do not know where it was changed or how to change it back.Thanks for any help with this....
  4. Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC: Hi, I've been getting popups from HP Solution Center that say ~ Solution Center has detected that you do not have the correct version of Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer installed. You can easily download and install this application for Internet Explorer at - AND...
  6. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: February 11, 2020, Version 20.006.20034 This update addresses customer issues and security vulnerabilities. 150468
  7. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Hello I wont to Uninstall the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC A message comes up another programme is being installed please wait, this is just going on and on Help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/22826dea-57a7-446e-a437-43778c997e92
  8. Acrobat Pro DC

Acrobat Pro DC: I'm trying to install that Acrobat Pro DC but the file takes me to Acrobat Reader Touch. Adobe support sent me 3 different links and I had the same issue. I tried different browsers too. They advised me to change me settings and that didn't work. I was advised to contact...
  9. Adobe Acrobat DC

Adobe Acrobat DC: Cannot open this program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-dc/c97c3d02-10fd-46d6-81a7-4a43138fc0fe
  10. *Acrobat Reader DC* {Icon Display Not Accurate.}

*Acrobat Reader DC* {Icon Display Not Accurate.}: So this has been doing this since one of the original updates.Instead of the icon logo in the start menu/task bar being red and black and the symbol for Acrobat DC app, it chooses to display instead an icon for that of an image your viewing. It's nuts when you multitasking...