Windows 10: Wrong grub in legacy mode

Discus and support Wrong grub in legacy mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My configuration is composed by an SSD which contains windows, and an HDD which contains linux. During the installation of linux I wrongly installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndreaBertorello, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Wrong grub in legacy mode

My configuration is composed by an SSD which contains windows, and an HDD which contains linux. During the installation of linux I wrongly installed the grub into the MBR, linux is not installed in UEFI mode.

The result is that if I use UEFI mode in the Bios I see only windows and if I use Legacy mode I don't see windows . I would like to reinstall the original boot loader to login into windows in legacy mode and through BCD install the windows grub which permit to me to choose windows or linux and if I choose linux then the grub of linux start

How can I come back to the original configuration of the boot loader?

Thanks in advice

:)

AndreaBertorello, Nov 5, 2018
  2. xfire Win User

Linux Noob - Ubuntu fails on install GRUB error 2

I dont think it would be a problem with the UDMA mode cause Grub is installed on the MBR of the hard disk and even if grub can be read and the O.S cant start it should atleast display the list.
    I say you should try a re-install but first when you boot up the cd select check C.D fo defects.

xfire, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Fox34 Win User
    GRUB loaded error

When I go to boot suse 10.2 with grub, after the bios checking It just displays; "LI." and stops. It just says LI and stops. I now boot with a install disk, then just choose boot from harddrive and it works. Any suggestions?

Fox34, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Wrong grub in legacy mode

Windows 10: Grub rescue mode

I recently tried to do a dual boot with windows 10 and Ubuntu/Linux/Gnome (whatever) and when I tried booting into my computer without having flash drives in, which were used to download Ubuntu/Linux/Gnome, it went to grub rescue mode. I don't want to know
    how to restore Linux and all of that, I want to know how to make it so I can boot to Windows 10 WITHOUT having the flash drives plugged in. Gnome (whatever) and when I tried booting into my computer without having flash drives in, which were used to download
    Ubuntu/Linux/Gnome, it went to grub rescue mode. I don't want to know how to restore Linux and all of that, I want to know how to make it so I can boot to Windows 10 WITHOUT having the flash drives plugged in. Basically, how can I uninstall grub from windows
    mode.

P.S. Ubuntu/Linux/Gnome is NOT a partition.

P.P.S. I regret everything!

Original Title: Grub HELP!

Jackson13509, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Wrong grub in legacy mode

1. Wrong grub in legacy mode - Similar Threads - Wrong grub legacy

2. Stuck in Grub Rescue Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Grub Rescue Mode: I recently bought a new prebuilt pc from cyberpowerPC that came with Windows 11 on it. I tried dual booting it with Kali Linux, something went wrong when trying to boot kali. So to fix this problem I thought to erase the partition I had created but now everytime I start the...
  3. Stuck in Grub Rescue Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Grub Rescue Mode: I recently bought a new prebuilt pc from cyberpowerPC that came with Windows 11 on it. I tried dual booting it with Kali Linux, something went wrong when trying to boot kali. So to fix this problem I thought to erase the partition I had created but now everytime I start the...
  4. LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY: I reinstalled Windows in Legacy mode and now my laptop runs slow,my click goes in lag and all operation are working slow.If I try to switch to UEFI mode I get a error: ,,Default boot device manager missing or boot failed....".How should I switch it to UEFI mode where my...
  5. LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY: I reinstalled Windows in Legacy mode and now my laptop runs slow,my click goes in lag and all operation are working slow.If I try to switch to UEFI mode I get a error: ,,Default boot device manager missing or boot failed....".How should I switch it to UEFI mode where my...
  6. LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. install windows in legacy mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install windows in legacy mode.: Hey, i had installed windows 64 bit in my pc and now i wanna go reinstall 32 bit windows. i had installed windows in a whole drifferant boot mode "windows 10 64-bit" was its name and then after that in the bios a new "others" uefi mode had the same windows as the one in...
  8. BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?

BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?: My Windows 10 says its BIOS mode is Legacy with C drive partition as MBR. Is it worth switching to UEFI mode with C drive as GPT partition? Why does it seem so difficult to install to UEFI mode with GPT partition? You do not get an option to choose when you install windows 10...
  9. Legacy mode is not supported

Legacy mode is not supported: HI, Ive bought a brand new Laptop with no operating system (DOS) While trying to install windows 10 from a bootable USB stick the following problem occures : I cant activate Legacy mode ,the option is not even there ! ,Only UEFI is supported . Note that i've disabled fast...
  10. grub rescue mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    grub rescue mode: After deleting linux partition, windows is not loading up . It directly goes to grub rescue mode . I have tried all the tutorials in youtube and none help. Plz help.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grub-rescue-mode/5ba14728-0d5e-44c5-b2fb-3296080ec194