Windows 10: Wrong hard disk specifications with Windows 10?

Discus and support Wrong hard disk specifications with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a pc with Windows 10 and latest updates I have now a 5 terabyte disk Windows wanted me to format it Windows now shows that this disk has only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leon54321, Aug 9, 2020.

1. leon54321 Win User

Wrong hard disk specifications with Windows 10?

I have a pc with Windows 10 and latest updates I have now a 5 terabyte disk Windows wanted me to format it Windows now shows that this disk has only 582 GB you have to configure it differently or is Windows just not designed to have such large disks

:)

leon54321, Aug 9, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Jess Bor Win User
    HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR

Hi Aditya,

In order for us to help you with your concern about hard disk drive error, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What specific error are you getting? Are you getting an alpha-numeric error codes such as 0x80070057? If possible, kindly post here a screen shot of the actual error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • For initial troubleshooting steps, kindly access this
      support link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Wrong hard disk specifications with Windows 10?

Windows Store games occupying hard disk space even after uninstalling

Hi Arpan,

This issue normally happens if something went wrong on the uninstalling process.

We suggest that you perform a Disk Cleanup as your workaround this time.

Please follow the step below:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Click This PC.
    • Right click Local Disk.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Click Disk Cleanup.
    We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Wrong hard disk specifications with Windows 10?

1. Wrong hard disk specifications with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Wrong hard disk

2. hard disk capacity shows wrong size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard disk capacity shows wrong size: Hi,I've a problem with updating Windows 10 Pro, since it claims that my HDD is full, but actually it is not.Basically different built-in HDD tools show different information please see below.The storage manager itself shows contradicting information, it is file sizes seem to...
  3. hard disk capacity shows wrong size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk capacity shows wrong size: Hi,I've a problem with updating Windows 10 Pro, since it claims that my HDD is full, but actually it is not.Basically different built-in HDD tools show different information please see below.The storage manager itself shows contradicting information, it is file sizes seem to...
  4. hard disk capacity shows wrong size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard disk is locked with Bitlocker but keys in account are wrong

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard disk is locked with Bitlocker but keys in account are wrong: My hard disk is locked with bitlocker but the keys in my microsoft account are wrong. When i enter the keys in the bitlocker recovery process, it says the key you have entered is not correct. How do i get the correct keys. I donot wish to lose my data for the mistakes of...
  6. Hard Disk Problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Disk Problems in Windows 10: Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me fix my hard disk drive problem? A few weeks ago all my drives began having a problem SSD 512gb, 3tb HDD, 4tb HDD with slow file access when opening, closing and deleting. If I create a new folder or shortcut it does not appear...
  7. Hard disk Windows 10 error = ?= ?= ?= ?=?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk Windows 10 error = ?= ?= ?= ?=?: Hello, I have a problem that my hard disk has an unrecognized file system [RAW] on it, but before I tried to restore the data, it says NTFS and my main hard drive has the same file system Help ! ps they are both HDDS Festplatte Windows 10 fehler =?=?=?=?=?=?
  8. Windows on wrong hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows on wrong hard drive: Please read full thing before posting answers: My PC is connected to two hard drives: one with 27.4 GB and one with 465 GB. The windows software and all it's updates are being stored on the 27.4 GB hard drive. However it is nearly 2.75 GB left so there is no room for...
  9. hard disk space windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hard disk space windows 10: what is the requirements for disk space for windows 10 and additional space for feature updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-space-windows-10/e95ed33e-11ab-4427-b7b3-71e4dfc15d39
  10. Hard disk in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk in windows 10: While going through system log after memory diagnostic I found error " hard disk has bad block". Can it be repaired? If yes how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-in-windows-10/66d88367-38b2-4001-b15b-75e5bd75d779