Windows 10: Wrong home address in Google Maps

Discus and support Wrong home address in Google Maps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have set my home address in Google maps but Google insists on changing St to Saint which is not a problem, but it also changes the postcode to what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Sigurd Win User

Wrong home address in Google Maps

I have set my home address in Google maps but Google insists on changing St to Saint which is not a problem, but it also changes the postcode to what it was 3 or 4 years ago. Our address was altered changing "Somewhere" to "Somewhere Place" and we were issued with a new postcode. I suspect this is a Google database issue. It took a few months before various databases caught up with our new postcode. In which case, I can't do anything about this!

:)

Sigurd, Jul 25, 2021
  2. resh---01 Win User

Ovi Maps Vs Google Maps

I'm using N8 with latet Ovi Maps beta in Malaysia. But each time i try to search some address, is keep saying cant find any match. where as. I tried google maps and i immediately shows me

every address I'm looking for, Is it a defect of OVI maps over Google maps or am I doing something wrong? Can anybody help me?

resh---01, Jul 25, 2021
  3. Ovi Maps vs. Google Maps

Let me begin by saying I am a long time user of Google Maps. I have used Google Maps since its inception and know its ins and outs well. I own an unlocked E71 with the most current available firmware for my model (v200.21.118 ) and use the most current
    version of Google Maps available for S60v3 (v3.2.1). As Nokia has introduced its Maps products, I have paid attention. I even tried Maps back at version 2, or something like that. I wasn't impressed with the product then and went back to Google Maps. Google
    hasn't updated their version of Google Maps since early 2009 because they are focused on their Android products (I consider this move to be evil, but that is another discussion), so I thought I'd take another look at Ovi Maps.

Today I downloaded the most recent version available for my E71 (v3.0109wk44b01MW) and downloaded my current state here in the US. I am writing this as a complaint/review because I don't think that Ovi Maps 3.01 is up to par with Google Maps from a year
    ago. It does have voice navigation, if you pay a fee, and it does have traffic, if you pay a fee, but other than that, I see nothing that Nokia's product does better than Google's. Here are serveral short comings I've found in my brief exploration of the
    software. I hope someone at Nokia is paying attention as their feedback form on their Maps page only asks what I think of their directions:

• When I go to search for a place or address, I have to use two steps until I can type. I have to hit Options, then Right, and then the center button for Address or down and then center for places.
    • Searching for addresses doesn't work. If I try a search for an address, I then have to go through another set of menus to choose "By Coordinates" which I doubt anyone ever knows, or "From Contacts." When I choose contacts, it takes me to my contacts
      as expected. But, when I choose a contact, it highlights a single field within the contact like it wants to edit the contact. I then have to press Option again and press Search. But, it only searches the highlighted field, which always results in an unfound
      address. So, essentially the address lookup is useless. Contact look up used to work on Google Maps too, but they removed the function.
    • Searching for a Place is very awkward: If I try to search for a place, I get a list of places to choose from or I can type in a place. That is all well and good I suppose. I like the way Google simply has a place to type and then uses predictive text
      to quicken the typing. It is just smoother than navigating through more menus. Though I like Google's approach better, Nokia's is acceptable. Just clunkier. Now to the heart of the matter. The way Ovi Maps displays the search results in a list is ok,
      but I would prefer to see them all on a map relative to my position or the center of my map first and as a list second. When I tell Ovi Maps to view the results on a map, it takes me to the item highlighted rather than showing me all the locations at once.
      You can see all the locations at once if you zoom out, but again, this takes an additional step. The other frustration is that it is difficult to jump from one search result to the next using the keypad. Google Maps allows me to go forward with the space
      bar and backwards with delete, which makes navigation through my choices very easy.
    • Easy Information is lacking in search - In Google Maps, when you click on a search result on the map, it instantly brings up a review of the place, a telephone number, a website, direction options, and a street view. Details is one click to the right for
      more information. Nokia places details four clicks down and call is three clicks up. Comparatively, Google Maps is much, much better. I read one review that said to look things up on Google Maps and then save it as a favorite so you could see it in Ovi
      Maps. Doesn't that defeat the purpose?
    • Maps are very poor quality and lack a lot of detail - I used both Google Maps and Ovi Maps to go to a location I frequently vacation. I searched both for a restaurant. Google Maps - 9 hits. Ovi Maps - 0 hits. I also looked at the terrain view in Ovi
      Maps, it was missing details such as small lakes near by that showed up on Google Maps.
    • Ovi Maps crashes if I press the end call button - One last thing is that Ovi Maps crashes when I hit the end call button. All other applications just return to the Home screen.
    How is it that a third party, such as Google, can provide a far superior product to Nokia on Nokia's software platform? That is pretty sad. Especially when Google's software came out one year ago. Google and Apple are stealing market share from Nokia
    at a very rapid pace because of their software development. Nokia has great hardware, but has a long way to catch up. The race is on and Nokia is playing catch up. Ovi maps i just another example.

I'm rooting for you Nokia and I hope you're reading this. I love my E71 and hope you improve it.

pkreitler---01, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Wrong home address in Google Maps

Evga Step up program? Wrong address

*Roll Eyes Wrong home address in Google Maps :rolleyes:hi i put my 8800GTS in for the Step up program and my address was wrong do i just email them or cancel it and start it again bacuase the postage price is to low

Live OR Die, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Wrong home address in Google Maps

1. Wrong home address in Google Maps - Similar Threads - Wrong home address

2. Changing home address in the Maps app on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing home address in the Maps app on Windows 11: So I had a question about Changing home and work address in the Maps app, I went to link here below:Changing home address in the Maps app - Microsoft CommunityI found nothing here helpful at changing the map!I checked my account settings and both show my current address as...
  3. Changing home address in the Maps app on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing home address in the Maps app on Windows 11: So I had a question about Changing home and work address in the Maps app, I went to link here below:Changing home address in the Maps app - Microsoft CommunityI found nothing here helpful at changing the map!I checked my account settings and both show my current address as...
  4. Wrong home address in Google Maps

Wrong home address in Google Maps: I have set my home address in Google maps but Google insists on changing St to Saint which is not a problem, but it also changes the postcode to what it was 3 or 4 years ago. Our address was altered changing "Somewhere" to "Somewhere Place" and we were issued with a new...
  5. Update Home and Work address Windows 10 Maps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update Home and Work address Windows 10 Maps?: I have spent hours trying to figure out how to change the stored Home and Work address in Windows 10 Maps app. I suspect this was in the old Cortana Notebook that has since gone away with Windows updates. But perhaps it is somewhere else. This must be simple, but I...
  6. Offline Google Maps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Offline Google Maps: On re-installation of Win 10, offered offline maps; having downloaded four, says they are in C: drive, but cannot locate them there or how to open/refer to them? Thanks, Mike...
  7. google satilite maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    google satilite maps: Why can't I zoom in or pinch the images on google maps anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-satilite-maps/c09dc4cb-f025-4d14-a571-12e6977998b9
  8. Google Maps on PC

Google Maps on PC: Everytime I do a google search for a business/resturants in my chrome browser and I open them in google maps the site shows the content for a short period and then the content goes blank... What's the solution? Carol...
  9. Google Maps versus Google Earth

Google Maps versus Google Earth: I looked in street view in a rather newly developed area. To my surprise buildings were shown in Google Maps and only a flat surface area (no buildings) was shown in Google Earth. Apparently both apps donot use the same database. 106602
  10. Google Maps

Google Maps: Trying to use google maps and map details are 'blacking out' - the screen is still on as are some buttons but the map vanishes. Is this happening to anyone else. 15576