Windows 10: Wrong icon in start menu when searching

Discus and support Wrong icon in start menu when searching in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The result of searching in Windows 10 start menu shows wrong icon for all UWP applications (e.g. Calculator, Calendar). Anyway to fix it? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kevin_KK, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Kevin_KK Win User

Wrong icon in start menu when searching

The result of searching in Windows 10 start menu shows wrong icon for all UWP applications (e.g. Calculator, Calendar). Anyway to fix it? Thanks!

Some examples of the wrong icons are shown below. Why I choose "Ubuntu 16.04" rather than other common built-in UWP apps is that it has different background color than the system theme color.

Wrong icon in start menu when searching 59afe201-954e-47e6-aac6-2f39d26b5a6a?upload=true.png

Figure 1.1: the Calculator icon when choosing from start menu

Wrong icon in start menu when searching a387cfae-964f-4fd4-8016-238bf45fb37e?upload=true.png

Figure 1.2: the Calculator icon when searching "Calculator" upon clicking Windows key (i.e. via searching)

Wrong icon in start menu when searching 82e5cb0a-dcd7-447a-ba9f-c719de25bfcd?upload=true.png

Figure 2.1: the Ubuntu 16.04 (WSL) icon when choosing from start menu

Wrong icon in start menu when searching 46411ed2-e4b6-409d-9e23-02840b657077?upload=true.png

Figure 2.2: the Ubuntu 16.04 (WSL) icon when selecting "Ubuntu 16.04" upon clicking Windows key (i.e. via searching)

Some examples of correct icons of non-UWP apps are shown below:

Wrong icon in start menu when searching 8b750223-f355-41f1-a4ee-a9d75bce2e20?upload=true.png

Figure 3: the SnippingTool icon

Wrong icon in start menu when searching eb3468b2-3613-4ae6-9ef4-5325b9b72737?upload=true.png

Figure 4: the PowerPoint 2016 icon

:)

Kevin_KK, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Sep 30, 2018
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Wrong icon in start menu when searching prob.jpg

psyko12, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Alvitu Win User

Wrong icons in start menu

I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and in my start menu some icons are PNG instead of the right one:

http://www.eldalie.it/mrn_windows_settings.png

This happens also for calculator; I have to check if other icons are affected.

This happens just when I search for the apps, in apps list ("All apps" in start menu) the icons are right.

Alvitu, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Wrong icon in start menu when searching - Similar Threads - Wrong icon start

2. Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to View App Icons in Start Menu and Search!: Hey there!Since I installed the latest Windows 10 Update, No app icons are showing on Start Menu and Search!Please help with this issue... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-view-app-icons-in-start-menu-and-search/16641f24-688f-4842-b0ce-1006ef1e0254
  3. Broken icons in start menu search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken icons in start menu search results: I noticed this started about a week ago, but it doesn't corelate with any kind of update or new software installation.When searching typing app names while in the start menu, all store apps that appear in results display a generic picture icon.However, the same apps have...
  4. Broken icons in start menu search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken icons in start menu search results: I noticed this started about a week ago, but it doesn't corelate with any kind of update or new software installation.When searching typing app names while in the start menu, all store apps that appear in results display a generic picture icon.However, the same apps have...
  5. Broken icons in start menu search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Broken icons in search of start menu.

Broken icons in search of start menu.: Hi all, I have an issue with the icons in the search of start. They look blank / broken, please see the screen shot. See the Weather app as an example: [ATTACH] This happened to all my machines, desktop and 2 laptops. On all devices I run Windows 10 Pro - 20H2. Do you...
  7. Missing icons in Start Menu search for custom link

Missing icons in Start Menu search for custom link: Hello, I use multiple profiles with my Firefox browser so I created multiple links to the firefox.exe and appending "-P <profileName>" to it. It works fine, but when using the Start Menu search there are no icons. In the following screenshots you can see the search results...
  8. Is there a fix to icons not showing up when searching via start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a fix to icons not showing up when searching via start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheGoshDamnBatman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glkjwo/is_there_a_fix_to_icons_not_showing_up_when/
  9. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search: When I try to sarch some apps Whatsapp, Office suite, Sistem programs as Settings, Memo..., icons are corrupted. This happens only in start menu, but if I pin the apps on the task bar or when I open this app, icons show up. I've tried to restore icon cache, but nothing...
  10. Broken icons start menu search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken icons start menu search: [ATTACH] In the last 2 days I found this issue on my windows, not sure how many icons are affected but it looks really awful, it seem to be only on the search part of the start menu and to include most but not all the apps, what can I do to fix it? Thanks...