Windows 10: Wrong Icon shows after creating desktop shortcut to websites with Edge.

Discus and support Wrong Icon shows after creating desktop shortcut to websites with Edge. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Create a desktop shortcut to websites with Edge as follows: 1. %windir%\explorer.exe microsoft-edge:website path 2. Specify the website icon. But the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LuluLin3, Aug 23, 2021.

1. LuluLin3 Win User

Wrong Icon shows after creating desktop shortcut to websites with Edge.

Create a desktop shortcut to websites with Edge as follows: 1. %windir%\explorer.exe microsoft-edge:website path 2. Specify the website icon. But the icon of "Explorer" in Task Manager becomes the icon of the website.

:)

LuluLin3, Aug 23, 2021

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 23, 2021
  4. SaraTee Win User

Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

If I'm shopping away in IE and create a shortcut to that webpage on the desktop from IE, if I haven't cleared my cache, it remembers the stuff in my cart for the IE shortcut (for as long as the cookie is good, not just a shopping cart but other similar pages).
    I can't do this in Edge unless I create a Favorite for it IN Edge. Then there is no nice quick link from my desktop, I have to open Edge and select the Favorite. Used this many times with IE desktop links when Black Friday shopping.

Point is it's annoying because Microsoft wants Edge to be the default browser but then the Microsoft employee on here responds with the suggestion to send it to IE to create a Desktop shortcut. I'm using Edge on my Android phone and I can send a shortcut
    for a webpage to the Android Launcher - but I can't do the same with Edge on my Windows 10 computer?

It is a very basic task that should not require multiple steps of opening another application to create a desktop shortcut is the point I think of the OP.

SaraTee, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Wrong Icon shows after creating desktop shortcut to websites with Edge. - Similar Threads - Wrong Icon shows

2. Create a shortcut on desktop with Edge and windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a shortcut on desktop with Edge and windows 10: I tried to follow the instructions that were posted here, but when I click on the three dots and box comes up and there is nothing on there about opening with IE or open with anything. Now what do I do?...
  3. Is there a *easy* way to create a Desktop Shortcut in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a *easy* way to create a Desktop Shortcut in Edge?: Hi folks - Try as I might, I cannot find an extension enabling me to create a quick webpage desktop shortcut in Edge. You would think that Microsoft would have thought of a simple solution to accomplish this. Any ideas? TIA *Rolleyes 174741
  4. website as a desktop shortcut

website as a desktop shortcut: like my friend i want my website as a desktop shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-as-a-desktop-shortcut/16127ab1-f442-4562-9065-ca4fc7715da8
  5. Create a desktop shortcut in Edge

Create a desktop shortcut in Edge: How can I create a desktop shortcut in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-in-edge/1917c980-a411-4213-96f0-e2d1eef6da9c
  6. create shortcut but it doesn't show on desktop

create shortcut but it doesn't show on desktop: In File Explorer>documents, right click an excel file>create shortcut. Noi shortcut is displayed on the desktop. Seems like I've successfully done this numerous times in the past. Hmmm. Any idea what's going on? Thanks. sweettasha...
  7. Trouble creating a website shortcut on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble creating a website shortcut on the desktop: Windows 10. Chrome browser. Can't seem to add website shortcut to the desktop. Search said to left click the icon to the left of the website address & pull it to the desktop, but left-clicking doesn't "grab" the icon....
  8. Creating Desktop Shortcut To Website When Using MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Creating Desktop Shortcut To Website When Using MS Edge: When using any version of IE Explorer, when viewing a webpage and want to create a desktop shortcut to that webpage I would simply right click just about anywhere on the webpage and select Create Desktop Shortcut from the drop-down Menu and Presto a new icon shortcut would...
  9. Create Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows How to Create a Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows Show desktop can be used to minimize and restore all of your open windows at once. The included Show desktop transparent button is at the end of the notification area on...
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome: How to: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome default web browser. This tutorial will show you how to create a desktop shortcut of a website from within Google Chrome in Windows 7, Windows 8,...