Windows 10: Wrong indication in taskbar showing no internet connection

Discus and support Wrong indication in taskbar showing no internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo T520 Laptop Running Win 10 Pro Verssion 1511 OS Build 10586.633. The problem I'm having is that in the status bar, the icon showing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xpac5896, Nov 9, 2016.

1. xpac5896 Win User

Wrong indication in taskbar showing no internet connection

I have a Lenovo T520 Laptop Running Win 10 Pro Verssion 1511 OS Build 10586.633. The problem I'm having is that in the status bar, the icon showing the internet connection has the good old yellow triangle and when I hover my cursor over the icon it says "NO INTERNET CONNECTION" yet if I click on my browser it goes right to the internet. I have no idea as to why this is happening. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

:)

xpac5896, Nov 9, 2016

2. Is there an easy way to place an image or text label on the taskbar?

My monitor is shared between PC's with a KVM switch. I'd like to show a label on the taskbar to indicate which is connected.

I've tried creating an image and dragging it to the taskbar, but it just shows the icon for an app to display the image.

Any suggestions?

john-errington, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Gamer4647 Win User
    Connection drops - "No internet access"

No error message, just the icon in the taskbar indicating no internet access

I haven't tried connecting to another network, but I should mention that the problem only appears to occur every so often

The issue doesn't occur on any other device, and when the connection drops, no other access points appear, despite showing up just before

Gamer4647, Nov 9, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Do you connect to the internet with an Ethernet cable or with WiFi?
    Go to Start/Search and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. Which connection is saying No Internet Connection? the Local Area Connection or Wireless?

spunk, Nov 9, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    There's a common problem in Windows 10 where the internet disconnects itself, you get a white 'star' next to the Wi-Fi symbol and no internet access until you toggle Wi-Fi off and on again. However, from your description your problem sounds different because you still have Internet connection and a yellow triangle instead of the 'star'.

I haven't experienced your issue, however there was a Wi-Fi fix in yesterday's Windows Update that may cure your problem, but I can only see the fix listed for 14393 (1607), not for 10586 (1511). You could try updating to 10586.679 and see if it cures it, but it isn't listed as one of the items fixed in the update, it's only listed for machines running Anniversary Update.

Link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...update-history

ARC1020, Nov 9, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Try a full system restart then reinstall the network adapter drivers? Next try Network Reset from PC Settings.

Steve C, Nov 10, 2016
  7. xpac5896 Win User
    Been a while since I've been here, sorry bout that but I should have mentioned that I connect with Ethernet cable to my router and I have tried reinstalling the network but nothing happens, still have the "No Internet access" present. I've looked at Device Manager and can't find anything there. I should mention that I got rid of the original Ethernet adapter which was a 2.4 and installed an Intel 2.4 or 5 and I have installed the correct software for the adapter. I jjust doesn't make any sense. It was working fine until I got the update and that's when this started. I have checked Microsoft's site in regards to the version and build and there is nothing about connectivity. I'm lost but at least I have internet connection even though it says I don't

xpac5896, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wrong indication in taskbar showing no internet connection - Similar Threads - Wrong indication taskbar

2. The Internet connected logo is not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Internet connected logo is not showing on taskbar: The Network logo is somehow missing from the taskbar. Internet is still connecting but logo is not showing also the settings section is gliching out like in screenshots. when network option is clicked the network is opened for few seconds before crashing. I tried sfc command...
  3. The Internet connected logo is not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Internet connected logo is not showing on taskbar: The Network logo is somehow missing from the taskbar. Internet is still connecting but logo is not showing also the settings section is gliching out like in screenshots. when network option is clicked the network is opened for few seconds before crashing. I tried sfc command...
  4. The Internet connected logo is not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows: Suddenly the battery indicator for my laptop has disappeared. "Power" is toggled On in the task bar show which icons appear on the taskbar. It is not displayed in the "up carrot" icons either....
  6. Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Indicator in taskbar no longer shows: Suddenly the battery indicator for my laptop has disappeared. "Power" is toggled On in the task bar show which icons appear on the taskbar. It is not displayed in the "up carrot" icons either....
  7. Internet connected but connection status indicates unknown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connected but connection status indicates unknown: HiI am connected to the Internet by LAN to my router that will access the web pages, but the update will not work nor Outlook, since they say that I have no Internet connection, this happened after the last Windows update.I would like to know how to solve this.Thanks....
  8. Internet works, but the toolbar indicator shows it is not

Internet works, but the toolbar indicator shows it is not: I use "troubleshooting", then the system resets the network card, reboots the computer and everything is fine, but only for a day or two. This phenomenon started about 2-3 weeks ago and is still happening again and again. Crazy *Smile. Maybe this is a Patch problem, maybe...
  9. taskbar network connectivity icon not showing connected but internet

taskbar network connectivity icon not showing connected but internet: I am having this problem the network icon shows me not connected as in screenshot below. [img] My OS information Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language I am though connected to wifi and able to browse internet perfectly. I do not...
  10. No internet connection indication

No internet connection indication: I have Windows 10 64 bit. After my internet provider went down for a couple of hours, the no internet connection failed to clear when it came back up. I reset my modem and my router. No help. My computer is connected to the router via an ethernet cable. I tried rebooting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar showing no internet

2. TASKBAR SAYS NO INTERNET BUT THERE IS

3. taskbar wifi indicator showing internet not connected but internet is fine

4. windows taskbar no internet