Windows 10: wrong info displayed on c drive

Discus and support wrong info displayed on c drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, on my c drive i have about 100 giga bytes, and of course i have used a lot of that, but today, the drive showed up as 225mb left, then i refreshed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JDHHThe error, Jun 6, 2019.

1. wrong info displayed on c drive

So, on my c drive i have about 100 giga bytes, and of course i have used a lot of that, but today, the drive showed up as 225mb left, then i refreshed the file explorer and it said 2gb left, why does this occour?

:)

JDHHThe error, Jun 6, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

GPT disk conversion for both data drives and C drive

Macrium Rescue disk can be used to convert from MBR to GPT and vice versa without doing a fresh install of Windows.

1. Download Rescue6.1.1081X64.iso - Google Drive and use Rufus to create a bootable USB disk. Skip this step if you've already created the Macrium Rescue disk.
    2. Download: BootEFI_Only-00-00.zip - Google Drive . Unzip to an external or an internal HD
      NOTE:
      This is a copy of the first 3 partitions of my current Windows 10 x64 (450MB Recovery, 100MB EFI and 16MB MSR)
    3. Boot up Macrium Rescue disk and create a backup of your current Windows to another internal/external HD. It serves 2 purposes: you'd have a backup of your current Windows in case things go wrong and then use it to restore the C drive on the next steps.
    4. Next, switch the BIOS to UEFI and use Macrium to restore the first 3 partitions downloaded in step 2 to your current MBR Windows. No need to convert or Format, Macrium will do it.
    5. Again with Macrium, select the backup image from step 3, and copy back the C drive after the 3 partitions.
      After this step, you should have: 450MB, 100MB, 16MB and C drive (GPT partition scheme)
    6. From Macrium, click on Fix the Windows Boot Problems
    7. Reboot. Your Windows should be in UEFI mode.

topgundcp, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

wrong info displayed on c drive

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

wrong info displayed on c drive

1. wrong info displayed on c drive - Similar Threads - wrong info displayed

2. How to display info what's on thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to display info what's on thumb drive: how to display thumb drive info when plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-display-info-whats-on-thumb-drive/b4fd2186-66dd-4f7f-a285-23638fd0c765
  3. Wrong account info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong account info: I logged out of my gaming account on the xbox live app and when I try to log back in it tells me my password is incorrect. Very possible I forgot it but when I click "forgot password" the email it wants to send a code to is NOT my email. I never got any security alerts for...
  4. Wrong account info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong account info: I logged out of my gaming account on the xbox live app and when I try to log back in it tells me my password is incorrect. Very possible I forgot it but when I click "forgot password" the email it wants to send a code to is NOT my email. I never got any security alerts for...
  5. Wrong account info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. [Windows 10] Wrong total capacity displayed for main drive C:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Windows 10] Wrong total capacity displayed for main drive C:: Hello, After uninstalling my dual boot deleting partition + repairing boot, I extended windows main partition C: on the free unallocated space where was linux. The drive C: increased in total capacity from 212GB to 300BG; but the change has not been recorded everywhere cf....
  7. wrong info

in Windows 10 Customization
    wrong info: Hi, so on my lock screen my name comes up as adam Russell instead of Adam Russell, It sounds silly but it's really starting to annoy me. I'm not very good with computers so in the easiest way step by step how can I change this to have my name displayed correctly upon log in....
  8. wrong name on c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wrong name on c drive: Hello the user name on my c drive is richo, I would like to change it to richone. please could you tell me in simple terms how to do this please. I have reset my computer but it still comes up as this. Thank you...
  9. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...
  10. C: drive wrong format

in Windows 10 Support
    C: drive wrong format: some how and not knowing when my C drive on my laptop became a format GPT? I noticed it when trying to do a re deploy using Macrium. right now I am doing a clean all. could some tell me what steps to be sure it will be ntfs when I will be re installing 1511 10586 which I...