Windows 10: Wrong info on Microsoft account and can’t access laptop.

Discus and support Wrong info on Microsoft account and can’t access laptop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi My granfather has a new hp laptop and set up his microsoft account with an incorrect email address that can’t be accessed and the password he set... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulBarker7, May 19, 2020.

1. Wrong info on Microsoft account and can’t access laptop.

Hi

My granfather has a new hp laptop and set up his microsoft account with an incorrect email address that can’t be accessed and the password he set up doesn’t work so we can’t log on to his laptop. I’ve tried resetting the password on microsoft live but as he’s never had a microsoft account before there’s not enough info for them to verify his identity.

Any ideas what i can try?
    Thanks

:)

PaulBarker7, May 19, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, May 19, 2020
  3. Login Error - Wrong Microsoft Account Listed

I'm not sure how this happened, but my laptop shows the administrator account with the wrong email address, which does not belong to me, and I have no idea what the password is for that account. The laptop will not allow me to restore unless I have the
    right credentials. I cannot access the settings or the start menu without first logging in. Since I do not have the password, I cannot login. I can't afford to lose my programs and files. Any suggestions on how to login using a different account that is
    not listed?

dbspikes67, May 19, 2020
  4. Wrong info on Microsoft account and can’t access laptop.

Windows 10 - wrong microsoft acct on admin account

Hi, kind of new to WIndows 10, hope this isn't a silly question.

When I bought my laptop, I created a single local admin account, not tied to my Microsoft account. Recently, I tried to add a Microsoft account for my son so he could do school work on my laptop, but I could monitor him. During the course of adding a new
    family user and entering his Microsoft account info, lo and behold, all of a sudden his name and email address are listed as the admin account and my local account is not listed on the account list.

But, when I click the Manage My Microsoft Account button (with his name and email address listed at top of page), it opens my Microsoft account view.

I have to log in to the laptop with his email and password.

Not sure what I did wrong, hopefully this is detailed enough for someone to help.

RichardR_920, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Wrong info on Microsoft account and can’t access laptop.

1. Wrong info on Microsoft account and can’t access laptop. - Similar Threads - Wrong info Microsoft

2. Can’t open bitlocker and can’t access Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open bitlocker and can’t access Microsoft account: Hi,When I restarted by computer yesterday, the computer went to a blue screen and stated bitlocker needed to be unlocked for my computer. I don’t know why it suddenly required this. The screen said I need to access the Microsoft account for the computer to get a recovery...
  3. Can’t open bitlocker and can’t access Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open bitlocker and can’t access Microsoft account: Hi,When I restarted by computer yesterday, the computer went to a blue screen and stated bitlocker needed to be unlocked for my computer. I don’t know why it suddenly required this. The screen said I need to access the Microsoft account for the computer to get a recovery...
  4. Wrong account info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong account info: I logged out of my gaming account on the xbox live app and when I try to log back in it tells me my password is incorrect. Very possible I forgot it but when I click "forgot password" the email it wants to send a code to is NOT my email. I never got any security alerts for...
  5. Wrong account info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong account info: I logged out of my gaming account on the xbox live app and when I try to log back in it tells me my password is incorrect. Very possible I forgot it but when I click "forgot password" the email it wants to send a code to is NOT my email. I never got any security alerts for...
  6. Wrong account info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Account closed and now can’t access laptop!

Account closed and now can’t access laptop!: Urgent help needed! i purchased a laptop for ny daughter for xmas, now cant log in. The email address we set up isnt working for log in because for some reason microsoft have closed it. Ive tried to set it up again but its not working? im so confused as to why theyve...
  8. Can’t access Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t access Microsoft account: I am truing to help my elderly father access his Microsoft account after his computer was hacked. The computer has been cleaned and when he got it back from the store, he needes ti re-enter his Microsoft account email and password. We tried his password and it didnt work....
  9. No Access to Info Needed to Recover Microsoft Account

No Access to Info Needed to Recover Microsoft Account: I created a Microsoft account in December 2015 in order to purchase software through the Microsoft Home Use Program. I am trying to access the account to reinstall my software purchase but do not have the password. I click the "Forgot Password" link and then am taken through...
  10. Microsoft Store Xbox outlook account billing info wrong can’t fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Xbox outlook account billing info wrong can’t fix: Hi I am not sure how to explain this 1) i live in and my account info says im in canada 2) i have a credit card on file when i check and it says for ‘purchases in canada’ 3) currently im subsribed to xbox game pass ans my info is all correct as being in canada If i try...