Windows 10: WRONG Input Language at initial setup on Lenovo laptop - Windows 10

Discus and support WRONG Input Language at initial setup on Lenovo laptop - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When setting up a new laptop I must have ok'd the wrong language as input. At this point I only see Japanese characters, even when try to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Norman_2015, Jul 11, 2020.

1. WRONG Input Language at initial setup on Lenovo laptop - Windows 10

When setting up a new laptop I must have ok'd the wrong language as input. At this point I only see Japanese characters, even when try to use the Control Panel to select English as the input language. Can anyone assist me?

:)

Norman_2015, Jul 11, 2020
  2. Nisei Win User

Windows reverting to wrong input language

My Windows display language is set to English (United States) which is the only language pack I have installed.
    I have several input languages enabled because I need to be able to switch when inputting in different languages.
    In the Language control panel I have set English (United States) at the top of the list. However, after every reboot Windows reverts my input language to German which is at the bottom of my list.
    In the Advanced Settings of the Language control panel I have now set "Override for default input method" to English as well but still to no avail.
    What else is there to change? I'm getting fed up having to change the input language every time I start up my PC.

Nisei, Jul 11, 2020
  3. ASirish Win User
    Lenovo Windows initial setup

hello team

i brought a lenovo windows 10 s mode laptop yesterday ideapad 330s, the initial setup of creating account and everything has been done. but after coming to services option the screen is blank. there is no text or no further instructions to proceed further.
    please let me know the issue.

ASirish, Jul 11, 2020
  4. WRONG Input Language at initial setup on Lenovo laptop - Windows 10

Windows 10 Installed in the Wrong Language?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

WRONG Input Language at initial setup on Lenovo laptop - Windows 10

1. WRONG Input Language at initial setup on Lenovo laptop - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - WRONG Input Language

2. Windows 10 input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 input language: I have two languages setup for my Win10 laptop - English UK and English NZ. This is done because I use two different keyboard layouts UK and US, depending on where I am at the time office or at homeYears ago, this worked flawlessly. I could switch the language and everything...
  3. Accidentally pick wrong language in WINDOWS setup and can not change the language selection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally pick wrong language in WINDOWS setup and can not change the language selection: I got a new PC. During Windows setup I accidentally pick the Dutch language. There is no go back button. So I reboot by powering down the system. In the set up process, I pick English but setup will not proceed. It keeps giving me this "Something Went Wrong...
  4. Windows 10 initial setup

Windows 10 initial setup: When initially setting up my new Laptop, I selected UK Keyboard when I should have selected US. How do I change this setting to 'US Keyboard'? I seem not to be able to find the 'Language' feature in 'Control Panel' Thankyou in advance for your help. Regards. Robert...
  5. Lenovo Windows initial setup

Lenovo Windows initial setup: hello team i brought a lenovo windows 10 s mode laptop yesterday ideapad 330s, the initial setup of creating account and everything has been done. but after coming to services option the screen is blank. there is no text or no further instructions to proceed further....
  6. Windows 10 Initial Setup

Windows 10 Initial Setup: Hi I am trying to install windows 10 in a mac machien using windows bootcamp . I am runniing Mojave and all the apps are up to date just freshly installed yesterday . while insatlling and after the reboot , i am stuck in the page lets conenct to a internet , there is no...
  7. Initial setup of Windows 10

Initial setup of Windows 10: I bought a refurbished Lenovo Think Centre, and in the initial setup, I have been unable to change the default language and geographic location. The machine default is French. When I try to change the default to English, I get a message that a problem occurred, and I'm...
  8. Initial setup

Initial setup: I have a Gigabyte b360m ds3h motherboard and I am trying to install windows 10 but im not sure what im doing wrong. I have my flashdrive with the windows 10 media creation tool installed and formatted to NTFS but it is not showing up as a bootable drive. when i try to boot it...
  9. Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area

Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area: Hello, is it possible to get rid of the input method icon which is located in the notifiaction area which shows the language abbreviation? Something like this: http://www.7tutorials.com/files/img/..._language6.png Why there are two languages, hence the icon, if in control...
  10. Windows reverting to wrong input language

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows reverting to wrong input language: My Windows display language is set to English (United States) which is the only language pack I have installed. I have several input languages enabled because I need to be able to switch when inputting in different languages. In the Language control panel I have set English...