Windows 10: Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone

Discus and support Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was transfering photos from my Sangung S20 FE to a Windows 10 desktop floder when this happened:1. I created a new folder on my desktop to transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by francomartinez9, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone

I was transfering photos from my Sangung S20 FE to a Windows 10 desktop floder when this happened:1. I created a new folder on my desktop to transfer the files into.2. I cut the photos fomr my phone's floder.3. I pasted the pictures int the folder on my desktop.4. I get a message saying that the device was full.5. I check the files I transfered and they are all showing a size of 3.15 GB when in fact they are photos taken with my cellphone with an average size of 2 -5 MB.6. I dont have a backup of these files.7. I can not open them since they are corrupted now.8. The file size is wrong, even fo

:)

francomartinez9, Jan 3, 2022
  2. Terry Win User

Image size huge after transfer from phone to computer

Images taken on an iphone (iPhone 7, up to date) seem to store with normal file size (several MB). When connecting the phone through USB cable to a windows computer, some of the copied files/images have a giant file size. The lowest value is about 600MB, but some images can "grow" to 2 or even 3 GB.
    When replicating the copy action, the same files are stored as it should (with their sizes like on the phone, being about 3-4 MB).

Looking back, it seems this has always been the issue since the phone was purchased (about 1 and a half year ago).

EDiT
    It's a simple file transfer through explorer.
    I've compared a normal images and a corrupted image properties, and nothing out of the ordinary except file size.
    Read only attribute is not checked.
    File size is checked through explorer on the phone (didn't found a way to do so on the phone).

Any suggestions what could cause this behavior?
    Let me know if I can provide extra information.

Terry, Jan 3, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    can't transfer files between laptop and phone over BT

To transfer files from the phone to the laptop you must first set up the laptop so it is waiting to receive files. In Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices:

1. Turn on Bluetooth
    2. Click on 'Send or receive files via Bluetooth'
    3. Click 'Receive files'

Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone [​IMG]

When you send a file to the laptop it then ask you to choose where to save it.

Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone [​IMG]

As it happens, these screenshots were from my old Toshiba L750 *Wink

Bree, Jan 3, 2022
  4. Steevo Win User

Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jan 3, 2022
Thema:

Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone

1. Wrong JPG file size after transfering them from phone - Similar Threads - Wrong JPG file

2. Some files disappeared after transferring from phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some files disappeared after transferring from phone: To anyone that can helpover the last 1 mth or so, I transferred some photos and videos taken on my phone to my laptop C drive. Stored in a few different folders. Today when i checked the folders, the number of files in these folders are significantly lower than what i...
  3. Some files disappeared after transferring from phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some files disappeared after transferring from phone: To anyone that can helpover the last 1 mth or so, I transferred some photos and videos taken on my phone to my laptop C drive. Stored in a few different folders. Today when i checked the folders, the number of files in these folders are significantly lower than what i...
  4. Windows 10 - Enormous JPG File Size after USB Transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Enormous JPG File Size after USB Transfer: I wanted to clean up some space on my Galaxy S9+ and transferred my photos via USB to my Lenovo Legion, operating Windows 10 Home. I didn't pay attention while the transfer was on going, but then I noticed that the file sizes are wrong and that I can not open any of the...
  5. Images .jpg's became inaccessible and 13gb each in size upon transfer from Android phone to...

Images .jpg's became inaccessible and 13gb each in size upon transfer from Android phone to...: I just tried to cut and paste my pictures from my phone Samsung Galaxy S8 to my laptop Asus X541U; Windows 10 and once done the files will not open and each jpg is somehow 13gb in size with a total folder size of 18TB! I later realised that the pics I transferred were around...
  6. JPG files from phone show incorrect file size 18GB although size on disk shows 4KB.

JPG files from phone show incorrect file size 18GB although size on disk shows 4KB.: In December I transferred photos on two occasions from my android phone to my Surface laptop and the files will not open. It says an unknown error has occurred. The JPG files from the phone show incorrect file size 18GB although size on disk shows a reasonable size 4KB. I can...
  7. jpg file become 75GB after transfer from android to pc

jpg file become 75GB after transfer from android to pc: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Hi, seeking your help on how to solve this , it happen after i make jpg files transfer from android to pc. During the transfer, suddenly prompt our message error, once after click okay, phone got no backup. due to using Cut and Paste function. -_-!!...
  8. wanna transfer files from phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wanna transfer files from phone to laptop: HELLO I HAVE A SAMSUNG AMP3 SMARTPHONE MY HP LAPTOP CANT READ IT AGAIN WHEN USB CONNECTED ,I NEED AN EASY FIX https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanna-transfer-files-from-phone-to-laptop/76b6e767-5a0d-4d48-bace-1eaf46ad29e7
  9. files changed size (from 4 MB to 30 GB) when transfering from phone

files changed size (from 4 MB to 30 GB) when transfering from phone: I was transfering files from my phone's SD card to my computer desk and suddently I got a message that said my C: disk was full, so when I checked the folders I realized all the files inside (photos and videos) had the same size depending on the folder they were on, and now a...
  10. JPG files became extremely large after transferring from phone

JPG files became extremely large after transferring from phone: After transferring photo files from my phone to my Surface Pro 3, the files became extremely large - in this case, 9.17 GB each which does not make sense. The photos can not be viewed with any application I try. [ATTACH] My Surface Pro 3 is also low on storage and it...