Windows 10: Wrong key presses

Discus and support Wrong key presses in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to get used to a new keyboard. At bottom left it has Ctrl, Fn, Windows and Alt. When I go to press Ctrl-Alt, I accidentally press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jsampson45, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Wrong key presses

I am trying to get used to a new keyboard. At bottom left it has Ctrl, Fn, Windows and Alt. When I go to press Ctrl-Alt, I accidentally press Ctrl-something else, either Fn or Windows. What do these combinations do, and how best to get out of the situation? One of these seems to shut all the programs down, or make them invisible, I don't know which.

:)

jsampson45, Aug 1, 2019
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Aug 1, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 1, 2019
  4. Wrong key presses

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

Wrong key presses

1. Wrong key presses - Similar Threads - Wrong key presses

2. Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK: troubleshoot didn't detect anything, sticky and filter keys are on and I even tried to toggle them on then off, reinstalled keyboard drivers, hardware is fine, even tried to restore to a point before it happened...
  3. Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK: troubleshoot didn't detect anything, sticky and filter keys are on and I even tried to toggle them on then off, reinstalled keyboard drivers, hardware is fine, even tried to restore to a point before it happened...
  4. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys not pressing: when i hold down a key nearby keys will not press and make a beeping sound i find this feature annoying and useless how do i disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-pressing/1e13ec30-3a02-4232-a76c-8fd0a9f3e46c
  5. keys not pressing

keys not pressing: when i hold down a key nearby keys will not press and make a beeping sound i find this feature annoying and useless how do i disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-pressing/1e13ec30-3a02-4232-a76c-8fd0a9f3e46c
  6. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Phantom Key Presses

Phantom Key Presses: Right, I'm getting pretty pissed off with Windows 10 now, and this issue has been plaguing me for a while.I am am having phantom key presses the right arrow key to be exact which is disabling from using Search, Films and TV, and basically any WINDOWS application within my...
  8. Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs: My problem is that pressing my media keys (volume up, down, play/pause, etc.) also does a certain function as of what another key does. Such as pressing the mute button would mute my PC, but would also "press" the D key. This probably doesn't make sense, but it does happen....
  9. I press a key on keyboard but get wrong symbol

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I press a key on keyboard but get wrong symbol: A few days ago this issue appeared. I hit button on the keyboard, for instance A but I see “asd” on the screen. The same problem with some other buttons instead of S I see “sdf”....
  10. @ Key is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    @ Key is wrong: I have a surface pro 4 and when I try to use the @ key which should be alt 2 I get " where as alt " gives me the @ key. Can someone please tell me how to change these keys around. Thank you Elizabeth...