Windows 10: Wrong keyboard layout after user logoff but not after simple restart or shut down

Discus and support Wrong keyboard layout after user logoff but not after simple restart or shut down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Always when for any reason ever the user is logged off, the keyboard layout is set to bulgarian when logging on again. Standard keyboard is swiss... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anacunga, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Anacunga Win User

Wrong keyboard layout after user logoff but not after simple restart or shut down

Always when for any reason ever the user is logged off, the keyboard layout is set to bulgarian when logging on again. Standard keyboard is swiss german and bulgarian is in position 7 of 11. When simply turnin the pc off and on again restart, hybernate or shut down this does not happen and swiss german is still active. But when logging off the user and then either directly loggin in again or restart and log in the keyboard layout is set to bulgarian ... why – and how to stop that???

:)

Anacunga, Jun 25, 2022
  2. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

3. Kari Win User
    Wrong Keyboard layout - reverts to US Eng Layout after restart/ boot

1.) Press WIN + R to open Run dialog

2.) Type control /name Microsoft.Language, click OK:

Wrong keyboard layout after user logoff but not after simple restart or shut down [​IMG]

3.) This opens Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Language window. Select Advanced settings on left pane:

Wrong keyboard layout after user logoff but not after simple restart or shut down [​IMG]

(Click / tap screenshots to enlarge.)

4.) Select Override for default input method, select English - United Kingdom from drop down list, click Save:

Done. This overrides any default input language settings forcing Windows to use your preferred UK English keyboard layout.

4. Wrong keyboard layout after user logoff but not after simple restart or shut down

Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Wrong keyboard layout after user logoff but not after simple restart or shut down

1. Wrong keyboard layout after user logoff but not after simple restart or shut down - Similar Threads - Wrong keyboard layout

2. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  3. No signal after restart or shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No signal after restart or shut down.: When I try to shut down my PC, all fans e.t.c. turn off, and display cuts, but if I turn power back on, my monitor displays no input. The problem is the same if I restart, only my computer does not turn of at all. If I hold down the power button, I can make the PC boot into...
  4. No signal after restart or shut down.

No signal after restart or shut down.: When I try to shut down my PC, all fans e.t.c. turn off, and display cuts, but if I turn power back on, my monitor displays no input. The problem is the same if I restart, only my computer does not turn of at all. If I hold down the power button, I can make the PC boot into...
  5. Wrong keyboard layout after user logoff but not after simple restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong keyboard layout after user logoff but not after simple restart or shut down: Always when for any reason ever the user is logged off, the keyboard layout is set to bulgarian when logging on again. Standard keyboard is swiss german and bulgarian is in position 7 of 11. When simply turnin the pc off and on again restart, hybernate or shut down this does...
  6. Windows Restarting after shutting down

Windows Restarting after shutting down: I'm using Dell laptop, windows 10 for 15-16 months now. But recently some issues arose.Whenever I try to shut downTurn OFF the laptop, after 5 seconds it automatically Turn ON. Everytime I try, it turns ON.Secondly, when I long press the power button, it Turns OFF and doesn't...
  7. Windows Restarting after shutting down

Windows Restarting after shutting down: I'm using Dell laptop, windows 10 for 15-16 months now. But recently some issues arose.Whenever I try to shut downTurn OFF the laptop, after 5 seconds it automatically Turn ON. Everytime I try, it turns ON.Secondly, when I long press the power button, it Turns OFF and doesn't...
  8. Restart windows after shut down

Restart windows after shut down: Hi guys i boight a second hand motherboard and when i don't install windows and i turn it off with power button it turns off but when i install windows 10 and when I'm trying to shutdown it turns back on could it be a hardware issue?...
  9. Restart windows after shut down

Restart windows after shut down: Hi guys i boight a second hand motherboard and when i don't install windows and i turn it off with power button it turns off but when i install windows 10 and when I'm trying to shutdown it turns back on could it be a hardware issue?...
  10. Wrong Keyboard layout - reverts to US Eng Layout after restart/ boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Keyboard layout - reverts to US Eng Layout after restart/ boot: I recently had an issue with my version of Office that seems to have done something utterly bizarre to my Windows 10. I am a UK user so have my language and keyboard layouts set to UK English in my Settings... However since a strange error when writing a document in word...