Windows 10: Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; SInce this morning, when I started up Edge, the display was in Arabic (or some similar language) and not English, if I search for MSN.com for example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris Cockett, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge

SInce this morning, when I started up Edge, the display was in Arabic (or some similar language) and not English, if I search for MSN.com for example it initially displays in English then goes to Arabic. My language settings all seem fine, but Edge keeps redirecting to the wrong country settings.

:)

Chris Cockett, Sep 30, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge Display

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue is might be related to display drivers.

I suggest you to update your display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.

• Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

• Expand the Display adapter.

• Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.
    For more information, you can also refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 30, 2019
  3. RFC3514 Win User
    Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge

1. Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Wrong Language being

2. Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.: Good evening. Have an HP laptop that carry with me whenever I travel abroad. PC Microsoft Edge always set up to "United States-English" language. However, this time it has changed by itself to "Portuguese", and I have never been to Brazil nor Portugal. I have checked and...
  3. Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.: Good evening. Have an HP laptop that carry with me whenever I travel abroad. PC Microsoft Edge always set up to "United States-English" language. However, this time it has changed by itself to "Portuguese", and I have never been to Brazil nor Portugal. I have checked and...
  4. Microsoft Edge language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge language: I opened Microsoft Edge as usual and it came up in a foreign language....German? I have no idea how that happened or what I might have done to cause it. Windows 10 language setting is English. Deleted and reinstalled Microsoft, but it was the same foreign language> How do I...
  5. Microsoft Edge language

Microsoft Edge language: I opened Microsoft Edge as usual and it came up in a foreign language....German? I have no idea how that happened or what I might have done to cause it. Windows 10 language setting is English. Deleted and reinstalled Microsoft, but it was the same foreign language> How do I...
  6. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.: Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my language set to English but I don't know where to change this? The settings are as follows:However a lot of menus and other things...
  7. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.: Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my language set to English but I don't know where to change this? The settings are as follows:However a lot of menus and other things...
  8. Wrong cpu being displayed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong cpu being displayed: Hi ,Ive just notice that my cpu in task manger says i5 6400 and its an i5 6500 please see screen shot .any ideas please 178600
  9. Wrong language in Microsoft Mahjong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong language in Microsoft Mahjong: Hello, a few days ago, my Mahjong app changed its language from Czech to some foreign language. I checked the app settings, no language options there, so I assumed that the app may be influenced by local system settings. But the local settings language and location are set to...
  10. Edge in wrong Language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge in wrong Language: I am updating Edge on my work PC and for whatever reason its installing to a non-English language. I have tried the settings in edge to change the display language but English is not a option either USA or UK. The PC itself is set to English. All other apps use English. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a problem with microsoft news page changing into arabic

2. edge homepage shown as arabic

3. edge MSN language changed

4. EDGE SHOWING IN ARABIC,
  5. edge has gone arabic,
  6. why has my ms edge gone arabic,
  7. microsoft edge showing in english after installing language pack,
  8. microsoft edge start page displayed in wrong language,
  9. microsoft nd arabic on edge whawasproble,
  10. microsoft edge display arabic languece,
  11. Microsoft Edge has suddenly gone from English to Russian? No option in settings to change language back,
  12. microsoft edge suddenly in chech language,
  13. windows edge bing defaulting to different language