Windows 10: Wrong location causing wrong time zone and weather

Discus and support Wrong location causing wrong time zone and weather in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, my laptop has had an issue with knowing where it is and setting the correct time zone PDT. I have had to manually change time zone and when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KristanThePleb, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Wrong location causing wrong time zone and weather

Recently, my laptop has had an issue with knowing where it is and setting the correct time zone PDT. I have had to manually change time zone and when i go to turn on the change time zone automatically setting, it reverted back to the wrong time zone EDT. Looking in maps, my laptop thought I was in Florida, which is the opposite coast of where I am California. I have another laptop where this is not an issue. If Google Chrome can get my location correct, I don't know why Windows cannot. This issue is not only with time zone, but weather, maps, and edge.

:)

KristanThePleb, Jul 11, 2021
  2. KeithJB Win User

Windows is detecting the wrong time zone. What's wrong?

Hi,

I'm normally in Texas but I have been in Panama for a few weeks which is on the same time zone as Texas. Now I am back in Texas (central time) For some reason now, windows thinks im in Pacific time if I let it set time zone automatically. I have location permission on so I don't understand why it is confused about my locations. I have to set the time zone manually. This also affects the weather app which thinks I am in San Francisco! I am on Win10 Home 1909.

Wrong location causing wrong time zone and weather [​IMG]

Wrong location causing wrong time zone and weather [​IMG]

KeithJB, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Wrong location for weather on lock screen

I just resolved the issue of the lock screen showing the weather for Washington D.C., even though that's not where I live. Open the Weather app. If it's the first time, it will give the option to detect your location or use the default location you've
    set. If the location has not been set in the app, it will show Washington D.C.

Hope that helps.

DaveWalters0220, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Wrong location causing wrong time zone and weather

Cortana wrong weather location

I have the same problem. I have set my home location in Cortana's notebook in About Me and under Weather I have added my city. When I ask Cortana what the weather is at home she gives me the weather at the wrong location ( 2 hours away). When I tell
    her this is the wrong location I get the reply "Here is some information that should help you" and shows me a map of the wrong location. I've told her "this is the wrong location", "this is not my home location", "this location is incorrect" and she either
    shows me a map or does a bing search. I finally turned her off.

LorraineBlough, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

Wrong location causing wrong time zone and weather

1. Wrong location causing wrong time zone and weather - Similar Threads - Wrong location causing

2. Automatic time zone sets wrong location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic time zone sets wrong location: So if my time zone is automatically set, it sets it to Mumbai India, i realise i can set it manually but it is an annoyance. Any ideas how to stop this...
  3. Automatic time zone sets wrong location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic time zone sets wrong location: So if my time zone is automatically set, it sets it to Mumbai India, i realise i can set it manually but it is an annoyance. Any ideas how to stop this...
  4. Wrong location for BING weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong location for BING weather: I know I've complained about this before, but it's chronic now. No matter how many times I reiterate my city I get weather from miles off! I can't get the temperature to come up as Fahrenheit without manually changing it, either. Same on Win 10 pc. Help, please....
  5. Wrong location for BING weather

Wrong location for BING weather: I know I've complained about this before, but it's chronic now. No matter how many times I reiterate my city I get weather from miles off! I can't get the temperature to come up as Fahrenheit without manually changing it, either. Same on Win 10 pc. Help, please....
  6. Wrong weather and traffic location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong weather and traffic location: I recently installed win updates on my PC. Before I noticed this, my weather showed an accurate location despite having location settings off. Now after the update, my weather and traffic location show Riga, Latvia. I tried changing the settings, going from "Always detect my...
  7. Weather showing wrong location

Weather showing wrong location: Hello, I have the latest version of the Microsoft weather app on windows 10 and the location is showing the wrong location when set to detect my location. location is enabled in-app settings, privacy settings, and the icon that shows location is being used on the taskbar is...
  8. Wrong location and time zone at startup

Wrong location and time zone at startup: At restart my device location sets to downtown Chicago and to Central time zone., though I live in California. I was in the Chicago area 10 days ago, but not downtown. This has never happened before. The only thing I did differently was using Norton VPN for the first time...
  9. Wrong 'Time Zone'

Wrong 'Time Zone': Hi there, After post my question I've read many posts trying to solve that issue. For some reason, the time zone configured in my Windows 10 is 'UTC+00:00 Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London'. I've followed guidelines about how to change it to 'UTC+01:00 Brussels, Copenhagen,...
  10. wrong time zone

wrong time zone: I just bought a refurb comp but the time zone is set for pacific time and I live in eastern time zone. how do I change it? I have win 10 pro 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-time-zone/c802ddbb-c0d7-4ce8-83fa-c7529fa6d00b