Windows 10: Wrong location in Maps

Discus and support Wrong location in Maps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Last year I noticed that whenever I openMaps on my PC, my precise location is shown as an address I had 10 yearsago. All the PCs in my house showed... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TheSchlaf, Mar 22, 2021.

1. TheSchlaf Win User

Wrong location in Maps

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Last year I noticed that whenever I openMaps on my PC, my precise location is shown as an address I had 10 yearsago. All the PCs in my house showed this address in Maps as well even ones that did not have my Microsoft account signed in. I didsome research and found that Microsoft and Google keep data about yourlocation and associate it with your wireless SSID. If you move, theinformation may not be updated. I was advised to add [/COLOR][COLOR=var--black-800]_optout [/COLOR]to remove my SSID from Microsoftlocation services. I changed the name for a week, reverted to the oldwifi name, and BAM! problem solved on all but one of my home PCs.

On the remaining PC the one that I'm signed into with my Microsoft account, Maps still shows theaddress from 10 years ago, I've checked my address on my Microsoft accountmultiple times as well. It shows as my current address. A week orso ago, I thought I'd install Maps on my Xbox One X for kicks and giggles tosee where it said I was. It says I'm at the old address. Doesanyone have any idea what is happening to my account? Why does it keep saying I'm at my old address?

:)

TheSchlaf, Mar 22, 2021

2. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 maps has my location wrong

Hi,

In order for the map to work again on your Windows 10 device, you need to make sure that the Location is turned on. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Privacy and then Location.
    • Turn Location on.
    • Scroll it down, make sure Maps is turn on under Choose apps which can use your location.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Wrong location in Maps

Wrong location under Map App in Windows 10

Hello Glastonbury,

We regret the inconvenience and we understand the frustration when things don't go the way they suppose to. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Map App shows wrong "my location".

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the latest updates in Windows 10 which helps the PC to make optimal use of Windows 10 capabilities as well as fixing any missing links in performance of the operating system.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

To correct the location in the Maps App, you should ensure the location services are turned on, to do this, follow the steps below:

Change the regional settings and check if the issue persists.

a. Open Settings and type location
    and select Clear Location History.

b. Clear the checkbox next to
    History on this device to reset the location information.

c. Restart the PC and again open the Clear Location History
    page.

d. Ensure to switch the toggle to 'on' for General Location and wait for the info to sync.

However, if the issue is related to the functionality of the Map App, I
    suggest you to run the Apps troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Write to us with the updated status related to Map app, for us to be bale to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Wrong location in Maps

1. Wrong location in Maps - Similar Threads - Wrong location Maps

2. Wrong Location in Windows Maps and Apps But Perfect on Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Location in Windows Maps and Apps But Perfect on Chrome: Within the past week my home PC has been displaying a browser geolocation 100 miles from my home. Windows Map and other MS apps show that same incorrect location. Up until now my location was found perfectly on this same PC. If I check my browser geolocation in chrome its...
  3. Find My Device map shows wrong location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find My Device map shows wrong location: I am sitting at my laptop in Utah, and the “find my device”map shows that my laptop is in California, where I happened to be two weeksago. What can I do to make this feature accurate? I’d like to really be able tofind my laptop if I ever need to.Thanks for any help....
  4. MS Maps is showing the wrong location

MS Maps is showing the wrong location: Hello, For some reason my location in MS Maps thinks I'm in Illinois. It keeps on changing my time zone on my laptop to central even though I live in the eastern time zone. My IP address is even registered on the east coast. What could be causing this issue? Thank...
  5. MS Maps App Wrong Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Maps App Wrong Location: Hi: You have a problem with your location finder for Maps and Find My Device. Bing, I set it manually so it is alright. Google Maps finds my precise location fine. I've tried resetting everything within windows for Maps, but the problem seems to be on your end. When I do...
  6. Wrong Location In MS EDGE and Windows Map App

Wrong Location In MS EDGE and Windows Map App: MS Edge opening Google Maps has the PC location off by 17 miles. Windows 10 Map App has same incorrect location. I have done the location set/reset. set the default location to the PC's location, cleared location history, stopped syncing, run SFC /SCANNOW, chkdsk, etc. to no...
  7. [FIXED] - Wrong location detected by Windows / Cortana / Maps

in Cortana
    [FIXED] - Wrong location detected by Windows / Cortana / Maps: I was frustrated that Windows was incorrectly reporting my location to my old address, despite updating my default location in Maps, and Google correctly locating my new home address. This is not about the locale detection, but the fine grained location services in Windows....
  8. Maps Has My Location Wrong.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Maps Has My Location Wrong.: Is there a way that Microsoft can fix the Maps App? Or can I delete it completely? I DO NOT live in Illinois. I live in Virginia. Can this company please fix this bug?...
  9. Maps location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps location: My maps shows my location to be 900 mile away. Shows across all devices and apps. How can I fix this? [Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_maps/maps-location/91003ebc-c7c9-430a-a8a1-b9577872575e
  10. Maps location

Maps location: My maps shows my location to be 900 mile away. Shows across all devices and apps. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/maps-location/91003ebc-c7c9-430a-a8a1-b9577872575e