Windows 10: wrong location

Discus and support wrong location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; once I open my browser its open wrong location and I have changed so many times but after few minutes its back to same as previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kumardinesh1, Jul 9, 2018.

1. wrong location

once I open my browser its open wrong location and I have changed so many times but after few minutes its back to same as previously

:)

kumardinesh1, Jul 9, 2018

2. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 9, 2018
  3. cortana , wrong location

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1

Firstly, I suggest you to check the region settings. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +W.
    • Type Region & click on Region & language settings.
    • Check if the region selected in correct.
    Method 2

Turn off and on the Location settings. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W.
    • Type Location and click on Location settings.
    • Turn Off and then turn the location On and check if issue persists.
    Method 3

Ensure that Date and Time set correctly and check the issue status.

• Press Windows key + W and type Date and Time.
    • Select Set Date and Time.
    • Click on Change Date and Time Button to change date and time.
    • Click on Change Time Zone button to change Time Zone
    • Save the changes and check the issue status.

Method 4

Synchronize their system clock with Internet Time and check if it helps.

• Click the Date and Time display on the Task bar followed by Change date and time settings.
    • Click on Internet time tab.
    • In the Internet Time Settings window, mark the check box with label as Synchronize with an internet time server and specify the server name.
    • Save the changes by clicking on Ok.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 9, 2018
  4. wrong location

Wrong location

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• Are you getting the location on any website?

When you connect to the internet through service provider, you are usually connected by them, to a router.... It is the location of the router that shows up as your location.

This is because this is where your IP Address is being sent to the rest of the world.

I would suggest you to contact your Internet Service provider to check if you can access the exact location.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

wrong location

1. wrong location - Similar Threads - wrong location

2. Automatic time zone sets wrong location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic time zone sets wrong location: So if my time zone is automatically set, it sets it to Mumbai India, i realise i can set it manually but it is an annoyance. Any ideas how to stop this...
  3. Automatic time zone sets wrong location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic time zone sets wrong location: So if my time zone is automatically set, it sets it to Mumbai India, i realise i can set it manually but it is an annoyance. Any ideas how to stop this...
  4. Windows 11 wrong location when my I.P. is correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wrong location when my I.P. is correct: I recently went to Google and found it showed my location as Washington I'm in Australia. I checked all my Google settings and they were the same as before. Then I found my phone was correct but if I used my laptop it would temporarily sync the wrong local and then shift...
  5. Windows 11 wrong location when my I.P. is correct

Windows 11 wrong location when my I.P. is correct: I recently went to Google and found it showed my location as Washington I'm in Australia. I checked all my Google settings and they were the same as before. Then I found my phone was correct but if I used my laptop it would temporarily sync the wrong local and then shift...
  6. Location is Wrong Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location is Wrong Windows: Using maps app from Microsoft, I'm getting this incorrect location:But when I used google maps, it gives me the correct location:These things all happened when we changed the location of wifi adapter in the office.I checked with skyhook, and as it turns out, BSSID associated...
  7. Location is Wrong Windows

Location is Wrong Windows: Using maps app from Microsoft, I'm getting this incorrect location:But when I used google maps, it gives me the correct location:These things all happened when we changed the location of wifi adapter in the office.I checked with skyhook, and as it turns out, BSSID associated...
  8. Location in windows is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location in windows is wrong: When location is on my time zone is set to UTC+01:00 Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna. I am in the United States in Arkansas. When I go to find my device the computer I am using is showing as in Germany. Also when using maps it shows my location in Germany....
  9. Location in windows is wrong

Location in windows is wrong: When location is on my time zone is set to UTC+01:00 Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna. I am in the United States in Arkansas. When I go to find my device the computer I am using is showing as in Germany. Also when using maps it shows my location in Germany....
  10. Microsoft says I'm in the wrong location

Microsoft says I'm in the wrong location: According to Microsoft, recently while I'm home I'm supposedly in a state 3 states away I haven't been to in 20+ years so no affiliation there. but when I move my laptop to a different location like say, my parents' house a few hundred feet away and connect to their router it...