Windows 10: Wrong Lock Screen Language

Discus and support Wrong Lock Screen Language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I start up my computer, the little boxes that give you information on the lock screen are in Japanese. Everything else is in English, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaredHutton, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Wrong Lock Screen Language

Whenever I start up my computer, the little boxes that give you information on the lock screen are in Japanese. Everything else is in English, and English is set to my default language. I even deleted Japanese from my computer, but I still get Japanese text.

:)

JaredHutton, Nov 14, 2018

2. change display language

/Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to change the language in the lock screen by following the steps below:

• In the lock screen click on the last icon from the right.
    • Select English from the menu.

If this option is not available, in the lock screen, hold the Windows key and use Space bar key to change language.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Lock Screen shows wrong time format

You can try another solution, follow these steps below:

• Click on Start button and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Change date and time formats.
    • You can change it to 24 hours.
    • Check if the lock screen change also.

Keep us posted if you need further help.

Rose Cal, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Wrong Lock Screen Language

Unable to Sign-in, error "password is wrong "

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience and we will definitely help you to resolve your issue.

This issue might occur, if the language has been changed on the lock screen.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Change the language on the lock Screen.

Follow the below steps:

• Click the language on the bottom of the
      lock screen.

• Select the English language and click
      Ok.

• Put your password now and check if you are able to login.
    If the language option is not available on the bottom of o lock screen, then try method 2.

Method 2: Use On Screen Keyboard.

Follow the below steps;

• Click on the Ease of access icon on the bottom of
      lock screen.

• Select the On Screen Keyboard.

• Type your password through On Screen Keyboard.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Wrong Lock Screen Language

1. Wrong Lock Screen Language - Similar Threads - Wrong Lock Screen

2. Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen: I am using the windows 11 22H2 release preview build 25136. Whenever I sign in after boot, the language switcher appears on the Lock Screen. It doesnt appear as a perfect icon that mixes with the theme. Instead as a weird white little box in the upper part of the screen. I...
  3. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language changing on lock screen problem: Hello MicrosoftI just installed a windows 10 update but when the update finished i tried to enter my password as usual but the language stayed english which i do not want and i tried to change it into arabic which i want but i discovred that there is no arabic languagenow i...
  4. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    language changing on lock screen problem: Hello MicrosoftI just installed a windows 10 update but when the update finished i tried to enter my password as usual but the language stayed english which i do not want and i tried to change it into arabic which i want but i discovred that there is no arabic languagenow i...
  5. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Lock Screen Image is Wrong.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Image is Wrong.: This is not the first time I have experienced this cosmetic issue with windows 10. It's like it has a mind of its own and it is a malevolent mind indeed. I select my desired image in the settings screen for the lock screen. The desired image shows there, but not in the...
  7. Remove lock screen language

Remove lock screen language: I went to Korea few month ago, so I’ve installed the language on my laptop. After coming back to France I found the new input language on my desk computer too. I didn't need it anymore, so I deleted it. After some days I've understood that I need to uninstall it from my...
  8. Wrong location on Lock Screen for Weather

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong location on Lock Screen for Weather: This question was asked and answered in another thread but the solution provided do not solve my issue. On my Windows Lock Screen it displays the weather location as Washington, D.C. I am in Florida. Yes, I have set my default location correctly and it displays correctly when...
  9. Wrong location for weather on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong location for weather on lock screen: I set the Windows 10 lock screen to show the detailed weather. Instead of showing the weather at my location it shows weather in Paris. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-location-for-weather-on-lock-screen/9450f7f2-f3d4-4bc3-88bd-cbf7cb19629b
  10. Lock Screen Image Is Wrong

Lock Screen Image Is Wrong: I have this weird problem since installing the anniversary update: after each restart the lock screen no longer shows a Windows Spotlight image, it shows my old Facebook cover photo which is argue and I hate it but I've been through all the settings and can't find a way to...