Windows 10: Wrong Microsoft Account Administrator listed

Discus and support Wrong Microsoft Account Administrator listed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Someone else is the account administrator on my laptop even though I have my own microsoft account. This prevents me from setting my own preferences.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HeatherVulgaris, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Wrong Microsoft Account Administrator listed

Someone else is the account administrator on my laptop even though I have my own microsoft account. This prevents me from setting my own preferences. How do I remove their account?

:)

HeatherVulgaris, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Apr 2, 2021
  3. cjayed Win User
    Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts in the settings and saw that the Microsoft Account was listed as an Administrator. I always thought the main user should only have standard privs for security purposes. Thoughts? Should I create a new admin account and try and change the MSA to a standard account?

cjayed, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Wrong Microsoft Account Administrator listed

Undo/Un-sync Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

Hi,

It seems that there are changes made on your administrator account after logging in to the Microsoft Store as one of your children. For us to resolve the issue, we suggest that you switch the administrator account to local account and switch it to your own
    Microsoft account. To change account types on your computer, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change account type.
    • Select your user account and then click Change the account type.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Wrong Microsoft Account Administrator listed

1. Wrong Microsoft Account Administrator listed - Similar Threads - Wrong Microsoft Account

2. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator: My son's Microsoft account is associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC. The local account is mine and contains all my applications, settings, preferences and hours of customisation. This association was formed without my consent simply...
  3. Microsoft Account Administrator Deletion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Administrator Deletion: I have a HP Laptop. When I sign in, under Settings / Accounts - it has an old gmail account that has been deleted. I have added my correct email/Microsoft Account but I cannot figure out how to completely remove the old gmail account. I have been through numerous attempts to...
  4. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator: My son's Microsoft account appears to be associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC. This results in : 1 my son's email address appearing under "Your Info" 2 my PC being subject to my son's screen time via "Family" settings. Under...
  5. Wrong administrator

Wrong administrator: Microsoft! Is there a fix for the "wrong administrator" issue yet? I have the same problem. When I click on settings>your info>my name is there but with someone else's Microsoft account?? My Microsoft account is secondary?...
  6. deleting administrator microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    deleting administrator microsoft account: deleting admin account in windows 10 I havealready n account in this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-administrator-microsoft-account/eaac7161-1247-479b-a6e2-11bbad5e9e1f"
  7. Microsoft account wrong computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft account wrong computer: I just noticed that my Microsoft account, under "Devices," shows my computer as an HP Pavilion 15 notebook...but my computer is a Dell Inspiron laptop! The numerical ID is correct, just the description is wrong. Is that a problem??...
  8. From a Microsoft account with administrator righs list "local users" names and status?...

From a Microsoft account with administrator righs list "local users" names and status?...: I'm often called to help residents of a "Continuing Care Retirement Community" with computer problems. Quite often residents have Windows installed and updated by their children or by themselves in ways that they no longer fully understand or remember. I admit to being...
  9. Local Account Syncing to wrong Microsoft Account

Local Account Syncing to wrong Microsoft Account: Hi, I have a situation where I log on to my Laptop using the local account for the laptop but once logged in the account is linked to my child's Microsoft account. If I go to settings the info has the local username and under it my childs Microsoft account. Surely there is...
  10. Undo Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Undo Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account: So long story short is I was logged into a local account. I've seen other posts about using the built in admin account but nothing that said anything about not the built in administrator's account but an account that was local and in the administrators group. So anyway I...