Windows 10: Wrong Monitor gets selected when selecting "only pc monitor"

Discus and support Wrong Monitor gets selected when selecting "only pc monitor" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have two Monitor; 1. My main PC Monitor 2. My TV which I use as a second monitor So my problem is that when I select "only pc monitor" after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zoulds, Jan 13, 2021.

1. /u/Zoulds Win User

Wrong Monitor gets selected when selecting "only pc monitor"

So I have two Monitor;
    1. My main PC Monitor
    2. My TV which I use as a second monitor

So my problem is that when I select "only pc monitor" after clicking "Windows" and "P", it selects my TV even though I have my PC Monitor selected as my main Monitor. What can I do about it?

submitted by /u/Zoulds
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zoulds, Jan 13, 2021
  2. StillShot Win User

Can't select different wallpapers for multiple monitors

Hi, I can't seem to select a different wallpaper for different monitors. When I right click on an image it only shows the following:

Wrong Monitor gets selected when selecting "only pc monitor" [​IMG]

Does anyone know what's wrong? Thanks!

StillShot, Jan 13, 2021
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    2nd monitor

Hi Billy,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor and an expert with Windows 10.

I understand your concern with Multiple displays.

To get your PC to recognize multiple monitors:

1. Verify that your cables are connected properly to the new monitors.

2. Select how you want the desktop to display. You can press the Windows logo key + P and select an option, or use the following steps if you need more settings options.

3. Right-click anywhere on your desktop and select Display settings to open the Display page. Your PC should automatically detect your monitors and show your desktop. If you don't see the monitors, select Detect.

4. Scroll down to Multiple displays, then select an option from the drop-down list to determine how your desktop will display across your screens. For the largest work area, select Extend desktop.

5. Select Keep changes.

6. Scroll up to Resolution and select an option. We suggest that you use the recommended resolution settings.

7. Select Keep changes.

Reference:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/434033...

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Wrong Monitor gets selected when selecting "only pc monitor"

Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Wrong Monitor gets selected when selecting "only pc monitor"

1. Wrong Monitor gets selected when selecting "only pc monitor" - Similar Threads - Wrong Monitor gets

2. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected: I have 2 monitors identical View Sonic devices Recently when I select a program on one of the monitors, the other monitor goes dim. If I select a program on the second monitor, the unselected monitor first monitor goes dim. The interesting thing is that if I log in as the...
  3. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected: I have 2 monitors identical View Sonic devices Recently when I select a program on one of the monitors, the other monitor goes dim. If I select a program on the second monitor, the unselected monitor first monitor goes dim. The interesting thing is that if I log in as the...
  4. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Monitor blackout because refresh rate keeps changing when selected "Show only on 2"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor blackout because refresh rate keeps changing when selected "Show only on 2": Hello,I am using my work laptop Dell Precision 3541 and it only supports HDMI 1.4I want to connect an external monitor capable of 1080p 165Hz Acer VG270 S. HDMI 1.4 is only capable of delivering 1080p 120Hz. When I connect the monitor using HDMI, it is able to detect the...
  6. Unable to select different backgrounds for each monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to select different backgrounds for each monitor: My monitors are different resolutions and after the update, windows no longer has the right click option of "set to monitor 1/2/etc". Any idea on how to fix this? submitted by /u/wawawanny [link] [comments]...
  7. multi-monitors and HDMI output selection?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    multi-monitors and HDMI output selection?: I have a laptop with a second (USB) monitor that I am using for a video production. I take the HDMI output and it goes into a mixer for recording. The issue is that the display output sent to HDMI is not what I want. The W10 machine maps the displays like this: [2] - [1] [1]...
  8. How to lower monitor refresh rate when you only can select 60hz

How to lower monitor refresh rate when you only can select 60hz: Hello there! Yesterday I've updated my Windows version and GPU driver (GeForce user by the way). When my son tried to play Minecraft, the monitor turned black followed with the message "Input not supported". We've encountered this error in the past as well, but we...
  9. Adding a second monitor and selecting expanded mode

Adding a second monitor and selecting expanded mode: Have attempted to add a second monitor via vga switch cable. Both Monitors respond but can not switch to expanded mode. When click display settings the expand option does not come up in the multi display listing. When press detect only one monitor is detected. Are there...
  10. Can't select different wallpapers for multiple monitors

Can't select different wallpapers for multiple monitors: Hi, I can't seem to select a different wallpaper for different monitors. When I right click on an image it only shows the following: [img] Does anyone know what's wrong? Thanks! 41192