Windows 10: Wrong Monitor Set as my main

Discus and support Wrong Monitor Set as my main in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I need help with this problem. I was using two monitors before. (One a Dell and another a Samsung Smart TV) I accidental changed my main monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HyperEclipse, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Wrong Monitor Set as my main

Hello, I need help with this problem. I was using two monitors before. (One a Dell and another a Samsung Smart TV) I accidental changed my main monitor to the the samsung. Now when I boot up my PC, I can not open any applications because the resolution is not supported. I can not change the res because I cant open any applications on the working monitor. (The connections are: VGA for my Dell (the working one) and HDMI for my Samsung.

:)

HyperEclipse, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Wrong Monitor Set as my main

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Wrong Monitor Set as my main

1. Wrong Monitor Set as my main - Similar Threads - Wrong Monitor Set

2. How to set my external monitor as the main monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set my external monitor as the main monitor: I have an MSI gaming laptop connected to an external 1440p monitor. The laptop has a 1080p monitor. Some of my games only want to run on the laptop monitor and I end up having to open the lid to get the game to display on the external monitor. When I do this, the game...
  3. How to set my external monitor as the main monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set my external monitor as the main monitor: I have an MSI gaming laptop connected to an external 1440p monitor. The laptop has a 1080p monitor. Some of my games only want to run on the laptop monitor and I end up having to open the lid to get the game to display on the external monitor. When I do this, the game...
  4. How to set my external monitor as the main monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My monitor has gone blank from setting the phantom monitor as my main

in Windows 10 Customization
    My monitor has gone blank from setting the phantom monitor as my main: I had fiddled around with the display settings attempting to remove the phantom monitor, and in doing so I have believe I have accidentally set the phantom monitor as my main monitor, so now my main monitor is plain black, I was following this -->...
  6. My monitor has gone blank from setting the phantom monitor as my main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor has gone blank from setting the phantom monitor as my main: I had fiddled around with the display settings attempting to remove the phantom monitor, and in doing so I have believe I have accidentally set the phantom monitor as my main monitor, so now my main monitor is plain black, I was following this -->...
  7. My monitor has gone blank from setting the phantom monitor as my main

8. Set external monitor as main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set external monitor as main: Hello. Every time I open the laptop, I have to manually set the external monitor to be the main one, not wanting to use the laptop one anymore. How can I make Windows remember this setting every time I start it? This is Windows 10 Pro with up-to-date updates....
  9. Set external monitor as main

Set external monitor as main: Hello. Every time I open the laptop, I have to manually set the external monitor to be the main one, not wanting to use the laptop one anymore. How can I make Windows remember this setting every time I start it? This is Windows 10 Pro with up-to-date updates....
  10. Main monitor causing black screen on both my main monitor and secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Main monitor causing black screen on both my main monitor and secondary monitor: As the title says, my main monitor is connected via hdmi and the secondary via DVI. Have been using both monitors for years, was working fine up until a few days ago. Computer would boot but neither neither screen came on, waited until my system auto logged on and tried...