Windows 10: wrong name associated with email address

Discus and support wrong name associated with email address in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I changed my last name recently and thought I had changed it everywhere on my laptop - Microsoft, Google, Mail, Gmail, etc. When I send an email from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LorraineSD, Feb 20, 2022.

1. wrong name associated with email address

I changed my last name recently and thought I had changed it everywhere on my laptop - Microsoft, Google, Mail, Gmail, etc. When I send an email from my PC using the Mail app or Gmail app, my email address is still associated with my old name, even though in settings it shows my new last name on the account. When I send an email from the same account on my ipad or iphone, the correct last name is associated with my email address. How do I correct this problem on the PC? Also, when I send an email to myself, four previous recipients appear - how do I get rid of those? Thanks.

:)

LorraineSD, Feb 20, 2022

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Feb 20, 2022
  3. Evga Step up program? Wrong address

*Roll Eyes wrong name associated with email address :rolleyes:hi i put my 8800GTS in for the Step up program and my address was wrong do i just email them or cancel it and start it again bacuase the postage price is to low

Live OR Die, Feb 20, 2022
  4. wrong name associated with email address

email address and name on XBOX

I would like my son's name and email address to be associated with the XBOX device and would like to remove my name and email address. I am the administrator and my email address is the primary one.

KristenBeckman, Feb 20, 2022
Thema:

wrong name associated with email address

1. wrong name associated with email address - Similar Threads - wrong name associated

2. delete wrong email addresse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete wrong email addresse: i have a wrong e mail with my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-wrong-email-addresse/aaf517b8-0e20-4ffa-9002-8210b8430171
  3. Wrong email address for signing in

Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  4. Email Address Association

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email Address Association: I just built my own pc. Its been awhile since I have done such a thing, and it seems like things have changed a bit. I am migrating from an older all in one PC terribly outdated and slow IT also has windows 10 installed but I no longer know the activation key, so I bought a...
  5. Email Address Association

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Address Association: I just built my own pc. Its been awhile since I have done such a thing, and it seems like things have changed a bit. I am migrating from an older all in one PC terribly outdated and slow IT also has windows 10 installed but I no longer know the activation key, so I bought a...
  6. Email Address Association

7. wrong name associated with email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong name associated with email address: I changed my last name recently and thought I had changed it everywhere on my laptop - Microsoft, Google, Mail, Gmail, etc. When I send an email from my PC using the Mail app or Gmail app, my email address is still associated with my old name, even though in settings it shows...
  8. Wrong Email Address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong Email Address: M/Soft is telling me I need a fix to the system. When I try to accept it, M/Soft tells me they sent an email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. There is no such email address or company that I know of. I need M/Soft to use the correct email address. Please help....
  9. Wrong email address associated with windows 10 preventing login

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong email address associated with windows 10 preventing login: I’m writing to discuss a problem which is probably relatively rare but is an issue for me at the moment. During the process of repairing my daughters computer and upgrading it to an Ssd hard drive i realised that she had been logging into windows via an email address similar...
  10. Wrong email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong email address: I restored my computer programs and when setting starting windows I made a mistake with my email address which actually belongs to someone else. When starting my computer I apparently have the wrong pin number and password. While tryin trying to recover them they send the...