Windows 10: Wrong password and no administrator user when trying to troubleshoot startup problems

Discus and support Wrong password and no administrator user when trying to troubleshoot startup problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was on my computer in the morning. I had a hit on my router and then my computer went black. I did a complete shutdown and turned it back on. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BryanBarker1, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Wrong password and no administrator user when trying to troubleshoot startup problems

I was on my computer in the morning. I had a hit on my router and then my computer went black. I did a complete shutdown and turned it back on. When I enter the password, it tells me that it is incorrect. Tried rebooting keeping shift and then tried to fix startup issue. It won't let me run it because it says there are no admin users on the machine. There used to be 2 admin users on the machine before this happened. Another thing I noticed is that before the "crash" I used to see the 2 admin users at the bottom left of the screen when logging in. Now there is no user in the list. I've seen sim

:)

BryanBarker1, Oct 4, 2021

2. Win10 lost UAC (administrator)password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you forgot the administrator account password and you are unable to login. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to log in to built in administrator account and create a new administrator account.

Please try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below step.

Step 2:

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Step 3:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.
    Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 4, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Administrator password forgot,UAC problem

If you kill the power three times, on the third boot a Windows 10 PC will boot to the recovery environment, showing this screen.

Wrong password and no administrator user when trying to troubleshoot startup problems [​IMG]

Choose Advanced Options to get to this...

Wrong password and no administrator user when trying to troubleshoot startup problems [​IMG]

Click on Troubleshoot takes you here...

Click on Advanced Options to get this...

Where you should click on Command Prompt. The command prompt will open, now you can carry on from step 2 in Option Four of @Brink's Tutorial I linked to earlier. At no point should you be asked for an account or password.

If this is not what happens for you please describe what you do see, with screenshots if possible.

Bree, Oct 4, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Wrong password and no administrator user when trying to troubleshoot startup problems

Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

Try3, Oct 4, 2021
Thema:

Wrong password and no administrator user when trying to troubleshoot startup problems

1. Wrong password and no administrator user when trying to troubleshoot startup problems - Similar Threads - Wrong password administrator

2. Administrator password on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator password on startup: I set up an administrator password, but for some reason my computer keeps asking me for the password on the startup. Something that looks like this I want to remove this ,but I can't find how to do itI am on Windows 11 that I put on my new pc build...
  3. Administrator password on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator password on startup: I set up an administrator password, but for some reason my computer keeps asking me for the password on the startup. Something that looks like this I want to remove this ,but I can't find how to do itI am on Windows 11 that I put on my new pc build...
  4. Wrong password and no administrator user when trying to troubleshoot startup problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong password and no administrator user when trying to troubleshoot startup problems: I was on my computer in the morning. I had a hit on my router and then my computer went black. I did a complete shutdown and turned it back on. When I enter the password, it tells me that it is incorrect. Tried rebooting keeping shift and then tried to fix startup issue. It...
  5. Wrong password and no administrator user when trying to troubleshoot startup problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong password and no administrator user when trying to troubleshoot startup problems: I was on my computer in the morning. I had a hit on my router and then my computer went black. I did a complete shutdown and turned it back on. When I enter the password, it tells me that it is incorrect. Tried rebooting keeping shift and then tried to fix startup issue. It...
  6. Password incorrect - No admin user when trying to troubleshoot start up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password incorrect - No admin user when trying to troubleshoot start up: I was on my computer in the morning. I had a hit to my Comcast and then my computer was black. I did a hard shut down and powered it back up once Comcast was back up. When I enter the password it tells me it is incorrect. I tried a restart holding shift and then tried to...
  7. administrator password problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator password problem: I cannot type administrator password, i noticed this problem when i tried to uninstall an app, and a user account control came and asked -' to continue, type an administrator password, and then click yes'. but there is no slot to enter the password and the yes option is...
  8. My administrative password is right, but startup repair says it's wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My administrative password is right, but startup repair says it's wrong: Hi, A couple days ago, I updated my laptop by automatic online updates, and after that the startup screen where I enter my login information went dark, so I can't enter to my windows 10. I proceeded to the boot section where I chose the advanced options for repair. All the...
  9. Password rejected in startup troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password rejected in startup troubleshooter: After a stupid software I installed to change my icons,I ended in a boot loop. I went in startup troubleshooter but every option needs account verification. I use my Microsoft account with pin to look into windows. I enter my mail account password but it says it is incorrect....
  10. Administrator password problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrator password problem: I was originally having problems with needing admin access to do everything, and while attempting to follow an online tutorial to fix this problen, I have landed myself in an even bigger one. On start up the computer automatically tries to log in as "administrator" rather...