Windows 10: Wrong password

Discus and support Wrong password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Sign-in does not recognize the password that I use to enter Microsoft Account. I cannot open windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by larryrk454, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Wrong password

Sign-in does not recognize the password that I use to enter Microsoft Account. I cannot open windows 10.

:)

larryrk454, Jan 12, 2019
  2. cmp9969 Win User

Wrong Password

The "Old Password" is the password to your local account. It is about to change your local account to a Microsoft Account. If you don't mind this, then enter your local account password. If you think this is overly intrusive of Microsoft, don't do it and let Cortana die.

cmp9969, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Wrong password

Wrong Password

Kevin, it turns out that the "old password" refers to your Windows user password, not a Microsoft account password. In an effort to get people to create/use Microsoft accounts, Microsoft wants you to abandon logging into Windows with your Windows username and password, and instead use your Microsoft account username and password. Thus, if you're still using your Windows username and password to log into Windows, you'll have to enter this as the "old password" when enabling Cortana. The reason they call it the "old password" (while not telling you which password!) is that in addition to enabling Cortana, it will secretly in the background change your Windows logon to require your Microsoft account info instead of your "old" logon info.

Once I got through this, Cortana worked. I tried it out for a couple of hours, found it worthless, and completely removed it from my system (which is also not straightforward; there's another thread devoted to that).

Anthony2816, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Wrong password

1. Wrong password - Similar Threads - Wrong password

2. error message: Oops, something went wrong Someone has entered an incorrect password for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message: Oops, something went wrong Someone has entered an incorrect password for...: I am trying to login into my newly built PC. I am typing the right password and this is what I am getting when doing so. Also the recovery email isn't even my email. Any suggestions?...
  3. error message: Oops, something went wrong Someone has entered an incorrect password for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error message: Oops, something went wrong Someone has entered an incorrect password for...: I am trying to login into my newly built PC. I am typing the right password and this is what I am getting when doing so. Also the recovery email isn't even my email. Any suggestions?...
  4. Username Change with netplwiz and now it shows password is wrong, what do I do?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Username Change with netplwiz and now it shows password is wrong, what do I do?: I tried enabling the administrator in the command prompt but it doesn't show up in the login pageI also tried safe mode but still nothing on login pagePlease help :...
  5. Pin is not available- password is wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin is not available- password is wrong: I am seeing the error message something happened and your pin is not available. When I try any support issue, I am asked to enter my password. I enter my correct password and it says it is wrong. I know the password is correct....
  6. Pin is not available- password is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin is not available- password is wrong: I am seeing the error message something happened and your pin is not available. When I try any support issue, I am asked to enter my password. I enter my correct password and it says it is wrong. I know the password is correct....
  7. Pin is not available- password is wrong

8. Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...: My keyboard isn't working, and when I tried to login, Windows was showing that I typed the wrong password even though it wasn't wrong. So, I attempted to click the Troubleshooting button, then I clicked the Advanced Options button, and I clicked "uninstall updates," and then...
  9. Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...

Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...: My keyboard isn't working, and when I tried to login, Windows was showing that I typed the wrong password even though it wasn't wrong. So, I attempted to click the Troubleshooting button, then I clicked the Advanced Options button, and I clicked "uninstall updates," and then...
  10. Keyboard isn't working, password is wrong, problems with logging in and uninstalling the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wrong password microsoft

2. Wrong password

3. pc is not loading windows saying i entered wrong password