Windows 10: Wrong Picture On Lockscreen

Discus and support Wrong Picture On Lockscreen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I have put Christmas pictures on my wife's computer (Same spec as mine). She wanted both the lock screen and the desktop pictures to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CChamp, Nov 15, 2019.

1. CChamp Win User

Wrong Picture On Lockscreen

Hi all, I have put Christmas pictures on my wife's computer (Same spec as mine). She wanted both the lock screen and the desktop pictures to change daily. I accomplished that alright but when the computer boots to the place where it wants the password input instead of a Christmas pic it shows the generic windows pic (which I have included below). Is there any way to make it just show the Christmas pictures from the lock screen into desktop? Thanks in advance. CC

Wrong Picture On Lockscreen [​IMG]

:)

CChamp, Nov 15, 2019

2. Lockscreen Picture

Hi Bhavin,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Check if this happens only when you select a particular lock screen picture?
    • Have you set your Facebook photo or the profile picture on any other Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 computer?
    • Does it happen only when you restart the computer?
    • Do you use Windows 10 home or pro?

You may check the version by using these steps.

Type Winver in the search box and check.

Check the option that is selected in the lock screen as a Picture or slideshow in Windows 10 Pro.

• Right click on an empty space and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock Screen and check if it is set to Picture or slideshow.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Lockscreen Picture Issue

Hi,

So I've been having issues with personalizing my lockscreen, it won't let me change the picture setting from Windows Spotlight. Along with it not letting me change the settings, when I finally get to the settings don't seem to get saved. I'll have set up
    my lockscreen picture and my screensaver the night before and wake up to find they've been changed back to the default settings. I've tried restarting it, checking/updating the computer, looking through the forums, scan the internal workings of the system,
    pretty much almost everything I can think of, yet nothing has worked. When I first got the computer I had no problems with changing the picture and having it stay that way. I'm really at a loss with what I could do to fix it and I'd really hate to have to
    buy a brand new computer or something when I've only had the thing for less than a year. It's updated to Windows 10, so I'm not sure if it's a bug in the system or something wrong with the computer itself, but if anyone has any suggestions it would be very
    much appreciated.

PrincessMouse, Nov 15, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Wrong Picture On Lockscreen - Similar Threads - Wrong Picture Lockscreen

2. Picture for lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture for lockscreen: I want my computer to start up in my lock screen with a picture. The picture is in settings personalization background choose your picture it is the first blue picture on the left hand side. I want to be able to access that picture in lock screen choose your picture. Can...
  3. Picture for lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture for lockscreen: I want my computer to start up in my lock screen with a picture. The picture is in settings personalization background choose your picture it is the first blue picture on the left hand side. I want to be able to access that picture in lock screen choose your picture. Can...
  4. Picture for lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. wallpaper lockscreen unknown picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    wallpaper lockscreen unknown picture: its been happening for 1 week my wallpaper and lockscreen changeby itself with unknown persons photos and I tried with changing photos in my background and lockscreen and sync settings and even with firewall but no change...
  6. Where are personalized LockScreen pictures located?

Where are personalized LockScreen pictures located?: I recently read an article from Microsoft explaining where are THEIR default Lock Screen pictures located a folder named Assets I believe. Apart from the fact that in that folder there were no wallpapers but game thumbnails, I couldn't find MY custom/personalized pictures....
  7. Account picture on lockscreen

Account picture on lockscreen: Hi, I updated my Laptop to the Windows10, version 2004. Ever since the update, the account picture on the lock screen is pixelated. Any help is appreciated. I'm attaching the picture.[ATTACH]...
  8. Wrong Picture On Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Picture On Lockscreen: Hi all, I have put Christmas pictures on my wife's computer (Same spec as mine). She wanted both the lock screen and the desktop pictures to change daily. I accomplished that alright but when the computer boots to the place where it wants the password input instead of a...
  9. lockscreen pictures

lockscreen pictures: Hello, It has been few days since I am not able to see where the wonderful picture on my lockscreen are taken. Before I used to have that option on the upper right of my screen and now I can only see the time on the lower left of my laptop. What can I do. I want that...
  10. Lockscreen pictures

Lockscreen pictures: My lockscreen pictures will not cycle through the slideshow. How do I get this to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-pictures/006c8cbc-cc5f-4da3-8ec4-256bc6fbe993

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windoes 10 shoes wrong lock scteen