Windows 10: Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes)

Discus and support Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good day, everyone. I had been use Win10 for few months and here is something confusing me. My windows taskbars have a weird position but they are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eann, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Eann Win User

Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes)

Good day, everyone. I had been use Win10 for few months and here is something confusing me.
    My windows taskbars have a weird position but they are not happening every-time. I had searched the web for solution but no results. (Seem like only I met this problem.*sarc)

Here the problem:
    I am using Asus ROG GL552VW with a NVDIA GEFORCE GTX960M graphics card. It is only happening when I connect to a second display.
    (since my laptop only implements with HDMI port, I had use the HDMI-VGA converter to connect my another monitor, I don't know whether this problem also happen when i connect it with HDMI monitor because I don't have a HDMI monitor around. *Tongue)

From my observation, it will happen in these few situations:
    -When my cursor stop on any display's taskbars
    -When I open Android Studio*Huh (But sometimes nothing happen too!)
    -Nothing had done and it just happen!

It will have this 4 types of results occuring:
    -Only second display's taskbar had a wrong position (Forgot to screenshot the image)
    -Only second display's wallpaper become streching (see the image), but the taskbar is alright. (Even the "Settings" is wrong size too)

Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes) [​IMG]

-Only second display's wallpaper become streching and the taskbar is wrong position too. (Forgot to screenshot the image too)
    -Both display's taskbars had wrong position

Anyone know the solutions????

:)

2. Remote desktop swap taskbar position

I've recently came across weird problem.

I have two Windows 10 Professional machines, one with 3 displays, one remote with single display.

If I connect to remote computer, I use single secondary screen for the Remote Desktop, so I have two displays with local screen and one display with remote screen and I work seamlessly between these screens.

Last time I've connected, both systems swapped position of taskbar. At home I have taskbar at top, remote computer has taskbar at right. After RD session, the taskbar home was on the right and taskbar on remote was on top.

Any thoughs ho to stop it?

VáclavNovotný, Jul 31, 2016
  3. Linney Win User
    Taskbar Icon Labels in Wrong Position

I tend to agree with your thoughts about it being a "Bug".

In the RTM version of Windows 10 type "Feedback" in the Search Box if you want to let Microsoft know about it via the Feedback App..

With Build 10532 you can post directly to the Windows 10 Insider Forum with your suspicions.

Results in Windows Insider Program - Microsoft Community

Linney, Jul 31, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hello @Eann, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

What is the native resolution of each display and are they set to it?

Edwin, Jul 31, 2016
  5. Eann Win User
    Hi, the main display (Mobile PC Display) is set on default and recommended value 1920*1080;
    the second display (Acer LCD Monitor V173) is set on the recommended value 1280*1024.

6. Edwin New Member
    That's the 'Nature of the Beast', nothing you can do about it except drag the smaller display down so the taskbars line up:

and, set your wallpaper to "Fill"

Edwin, Jul 31, 2016
  7. Eann Win User
    omg!*Eek I never know that the screen is drag-able!! I had drag it down in order to line up with the main display and the fit is already in fill option.

But... it is still unsolved....

8. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Jul 31, 2016
  9. Eann Win User
    The problem is still existing... I had randomly pick a photo with 1280*1024 size... T..T

I can't even click on the dark area.
    The taskbars are very weird, they will sometimes automatically fixed but problem at the next second and fixed again... When the screenshot taken, the main display's taskbar is automatically fixed now... But I don't know when will it problem again.

Eann, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Wrong Position of Windows Taskbar For Both Display(Sometimes) - Similar Threads - Wrong Position Taskbar

2. Taskbar Positioning?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Positioning?: I have two questions, which are related.1. Does anyone know if I will ever be able to shift my taskbar to the top of the screen instead of the bottom? Or is there a non hacky way to do it now that I missed?2. Does anyone know why Microsoft has actively made W11 usability...
  3. "Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.: To see this illustrated, you will need to zoom in on this image.Once you have zoomed in, you will notice there is a 2 pixel high gap below my left and right monitor, despite them clearly lining up together in the "Rearrange your displays" settings window shown in the same...
  4. "Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.

"Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.: To see this illustrated, you will need to zoom in on this image.Once you have zoomed in, you will notice there is a 2 pixel high gap below my left and right monitor, despite them clearly lining up together in the "Rearrange your displays" settings window shown in the same...
  5. "Rearrange your displays" snaps to the wrong position.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.: Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my language set to English but I don't know where to change this? The settings are as follows:However a lot of menus and other things...
  7. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.: Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my language set to English but I don't know where to change this? The settings are as follows:However a lot of menus and other things...
  8. Taskbar position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar position: Windows 11 is missing the feature to move the whole taskbar to any side of the screen, please bring back this feature.Regards,geralt007 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-position/3210bdb5-636a-467b-9df8-beffe60f9e00
  9. Taskbar positioning

Taskbar positioning: Why was the taskbar location abandoned in Windows 11? I have always moved my taskbar to the left of the screen. Now my choices are to move the icons from the center of the taskbar or move the icons to the left side of the taskbar. This is functionality I would like in Windows...
  10. Display taskbar icons on both monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display taskbar icons on both monitors: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to also display the taskbar icons on my second monitor in extend display mode. As you can see here is my main first monitor [ATTACH] And here is my second monitor[ATTACH] From what I read it's not possible to copy them on the...