Windows 10: Wrong ram usage in taskmanager?

Discus and support Wrong ram usage in taskmanager? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there, I have 2x8GB ram and in the TaskManager it says 1200MB is used but as percentage is says 24% which isnt true. What else is using the ram?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kxnek_, Dec 7, 2019.

1. /u/Kxnek_ Win User

Wrong ram usage in taskmanager?

Hey there,

I have 2x8GB ram and in the TaskManager it says 1200MB is used but as percentage is says 24% which isnt true.

What else is using the ram?

submitted by /u/Kxnek_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kxnek_, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Willem48 Win User

RAM usage in the taskmanager shows 160MB used as 85% of 8GB RAM

Specs:

Windows 10

i7 4770k

MSI Z87-G43

nVidia GTX970

1x 8GB RAM

(advanced user)

Upload photo doesn't work at the moment for me, so I'll be explaining the situation with words:

When I open the taskbar while idle and look at my RAM usage, it shows pretty high numbers (75+).

I don't run many RAM-heavy programs at once so 75+ is not ordinary, and if I look at the combined usage per user it shows that I have used ~160MB RAM.

When I got to the second tab in the taskmanager, it shows that I have used 7,1GB of RAM.

What am I missing here?

Another thing that is happening sometimes lately, is that my PC won't shut down when I click the 'shut down' button. It turns off the display and immediately returns to the lock screen, as if I pressed 'log off'.

Maybe this has something to do with the RAM being weird.

Any help?

Willem48, Dec 7, 2019
  3. ms store and taskmanager

Hi,

I would like to know if you're still having this issue with MS Store and Taskmanager. In line with this, kindly provide the following information:

• What is the error message when running MS Store and Taskmanager?
    • Were there any changes made before this issue came up?
    • What is the build and version of your Windows 10? To find out which version of Windows your PC is running, press Windows logo key + R, type
      winver, then select OK.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

I'm looking forward to your response.

Melowin Mar, Dec 7, 2019
  4. slance310 Win User

How does page file work (in laymen's terms please) and is my RAM having problems?

Hi,

You're welcome... Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

I can only suggest that you look in Taskmanager... Performance Tab.

If you click on the Memory column it will list all processes in order of memory usage...

slance310, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Wrong ram usage in taskmanager? - Similar Threads - Wrong ram usage

2. RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  3. RAM Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM Usage: Hi! I have 32GB 2x16 of RAM installed, however when I try to open programs I get not enough memory issues despite only using 80% and still having ~6GB free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/69855d13-22e1-4305-a5e5-0b696d9cfc85
  4. Taskmanager is incomplete - MB RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskmanager is incomplete - MB RAM: Ignore the processor spike else it would be incomplete on processor and memory both. It is but hey...lets ignore processor for this question.But yeah. I am the only user with status OK in cmd prompt. and yet more then 2GB of memory usage is not shown. So what other things use...
  5. Taskmanager is incomplete - MB RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskmanager is incomplete - MB RAM: Ignore the processor spike else it would be incomplete on processor and memory both. It is but hey...lets ignore processor for this question.But yeah. I am the only user with status OK in cmd prompt. and yet more then 2GB of memory usage is not shown. So what other things use...
  6. RAM usage

RAM usage: Hi I have 2 gb RAM and I am trying to run an app which recommends 4gb RAM so I set the virtual memory or the paging files to 2.5gb and I don't know if this enough or even would help so please I need an expert to answer...
  7. RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM Usage: Alright, so I have an 8GB ram on my pc and it always stays above 50% on idle. One day, I was bothered enough to go on Task manager, take a picture of all tasks running on ram, and added all of them up together. I did this 3 times and they averaged on 1.2 GB even though it...
  8. RAM usage

RAM usage: Okay so, my problem comes from the fact that in standby my laptop is using over half of it's memory and I have no clue why it's doing this. On top of that it's causing any game I try to play to crash, so if anyone could help, that'd be very much appreciated....
  9. RAM usage

RAM usage: My Ram is usually in the 60-high 70's% regen. the most activity being done is web browsing. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/f4977764-fc2a-4a3f-972a-ddf00029591b
  10. ram usage

ram usage: how can I know which applications are using much of my ram https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/d44fa670-4c66-4fa5-80f3-d96ab92a42a3