Windows 10: Wrong resolution, can't log in

Discus and support Wrong resolution, can't log in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was playing a game in full screen, It's pixelated and low res. I walked away and my laptop (windows 10) fell asleep. Now everything is strangely... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Leo ZivAvni, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Wrong resolution, can't log in

I was playing a game in full screen, It's pixelated and low res. I walked away and my laptop (windows 10) fell asleep. Now everything is strangely zoomed in, stuck in the games low resolution, and I can only see the upper left corner of the screen when I try to log in- meaning, I'm locked out of my pc. Restarting does nothing. I don't have physical windows installation since it came with the laptop pre-installed. Any help would be appreciated

:)

Leo ZivAvni, Nov 19, 2019

2. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 19, 2019
  3. TopGeek Win User
    Intermittent wrong screen resolution at boot

This has only started happening recently - every few boots, the screen choice between Windows 10 and XP appears with the wrong resolution. The image is small on the screen. If I select Windows 10, the full boot sequence continues with that resolution. However, if I select 'Advanced options' and then 'Continue to Windows 10', the resolution changes to the correct format.
    A week or so back, I went back to a previous set point and that seemed to cure the problem. Then it returned.
    Can anyone suggest what is happening?

TopGeek, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Wrong resolution, can't log in

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Wrong resolution, can't log in

1. Wrong resolution, can't log in - Similar Threads - Wrong resolution can't

2. Wrong screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong screen resolution: Hello! I have an old laptop HP mini 210 1100 with wrong screen size. I updated display and video drivers. I have correct settings for screen resolution and text size, but I have an image is bigger than screen everywhere, include BIOS. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  3. Wrong screen resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong screen resolution: Hello! I have an old laptop HP mini 210 1100 with wrong screen size. I updated display and video drivers. I have correct settings for screen resolution and text size, but I have an image is bigger than screen everywhere, include BIOS. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  4. Wrong screen resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wrong Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong Display Resolution: TLDR: Windows 10 won't show proper display resolution. 1920x1080 resolution shows up and shows applied, but is not actually applied. Google Search not helping. OG: Windows 10 will not display 1080p resolution and I am at a loss for what to do. I have uninstalled and...
  6. Displaying in Wrong Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displaying in Wrong Resolution: I have a monitor which displays 1440x900 but when I go into settings to try to change the resolution, it only gives me a few options, non of which are the correct resolution. This results in an incorrect aspect ratio and stretching. I've tried uninstalling the display adapter...
  7. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679
  8. Screen resolution wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution wrong: I was playing Jurassic World: Evolution when all of a sudden my screen became far too zoomed in, becoming 1024x768 instead of what I assume to be 1920x1080, so I quit the game, and went to find a way to fix it. There was no option to switch it back to 1920x1080, so I had to...
  9. Wrong screen resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Wrong screen resolution: Hi, I've just updated my home PC to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I have an ASUS VS239 HR monitor with a true resolution of 1920 x 1080. VS239HR | Monitors | ASUS Global Unfortunately the only screen resolution option for my PC that appears in the Windows 10...
  10. Wrong Screen Resolution.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Wrong Screen Resolution.: I have a R9 290 Graphics card and on Windows 7 I could use the 1920x1080 resolution no problem but on Windows 10 the screen is now larger than my actual monitor, as if my screen is enlarged. Anyone know whats up with this? I've tried changing resolution and went through them...