Windows 10: Wrong Search Results

Discus and support Wrong Search Results in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello Somedays ago I opened a pdf file from the internet in ms edge.today i saw that in windows search the pdf was showing up.there were option like... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SHASHANKDAHAT, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Wrong Search Results

Hello Somedays ago I opened a pdf file from the internet in ms edge.today i saw that in windows search the pdf was showing up.there were option like

1. manage
    2. disconnect network drive
    3. open[when i click the it,it open the windows file explorer ,this pc srcreen]
    4. open file location

please suggest me how to resolve this issue.i was scarced that its a virus

:)

SHASHANKDAHAT, Nov 5, 2020
  2. stefkost Win User

Search results in wrong language

Thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately, I had already tried this but it is not working. I tried it again, but search results are still displayed in the wrong language. Problem is, after step 9 ("Put a check mark on Welcome
    screen and system accounts
    and New user accounts") I click OK, but if I open the same window again ("Copy settings") the boxes are unchecked.

Any other suggestions please? It is really unpleasant.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

stefkost, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Search results in wrong language

Before you consider reinstalling Windows, let's try to do one more troubleshooting. Since this language issue only happens with Windows Search, we recommend that you rebuild your search index.

To rebuild your search index, follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel, make sure it's viewed by Large icons.
    • Select Indexing Options.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Click Rebuild.
    • After the process is done, restart your device.
    Keep us posted with the results.

Eugene deV, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Wrong Search Results

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Wrong Search Results a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Wrong Search Results

1. Wrong Search Results - Similar Threads - Wrong Search Results

2. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  3. windows 10 Pro search results show wrong date format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 Pro search results show wrong date format: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version: 10.0.19043 Build 19043 Start >type text eg DOC: <name> >Results show different date format from the PC settings.The region setting are correct for my requirements....
  4. windows 10 Pro search results show wrong date format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 Pro search results show wrong date format: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version: 10.0.19043 Build 19043 Start >type text eg DOC: <name> >Results show different date format from the PC settings.The region setting are correct for my requirements....
  5. windows 10 Pro search results show wrong date format

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Something's wrong with TOR's search results screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something's wrong with TOR's search results screen.: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  7. Bing search results

in Cortana
    Bing search results: Fairly simple. All searches, especially for generic businesses or shopping related searches always return american results. Location is set to australia. I am signed in. Windows location is set to my city and country. Changing search engines isnt an option as i do most of my...
  8. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  9. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886