Windows 10: Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App

Discus and support Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I send an email using the Mail app in Windows 10, my wife's name is shown as the sender rather than me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulSimons3, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App

When I send an email using the Mail app in Windows 10, my wife's name is shown as the sender rather than me.

:)

PaulSimons3, Jan 11, 2021
  2. romeozor Win User

Set Mail app to show mail subject on top instead of sender

In the Mail app's list view, I would like to view the mail's subject on top for each item. The default is showing the senders of the mail conversation on top, then the subject with smaller font, then the content brief.

In the Outlook app, I used to be able to set this order. Is it somehow possible for Mail?

I looked in all the options of the app and the help it linked to. Also googled some, but not exactly sure what I'm supposed to search for to reduce irrelevant results.

romeozor, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App

How to check the properties of a senders email in mail app

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help resolve your issue.

As per the information you have provided, I would like to inform that you can see/view the properties or details in mail app only after you save the contacts onto your list. You can however click or hover on the sender name which will display his email address.

Keep in mind that mail app cannot display in depth details about the sender as compared to your Windows Live Mail. Having stated so, I suggest that you share your suggestions and concerns in our Feedback app regarding the same so that our developers can
    work toward enhancing the Windows 10 experience.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App

1. Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App - Similar Threads - Wrong Sender Shown

2. Block Senders On Mail App for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block Senders On Mail App for Windows 10: How do I block email addresses through the Mail App as I don't see an option to do so?I can see an option called MOVE TO JUNK and when I click it, It says Sender blocked does this mean the sender is actually blocked and that I wont receive any mail from them?Please...
  3. Block Senders On Mail App for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block Senders On Mail App for Windows 10: How do I block email addresses through the Mail App as I don't see an option to do so?I can see an option called MOVE TO JUNK and when I click it, It says Sender blocked does this mean the sender is actually blocked and that I wont receive any mail from them?Please...
  4. Mail displays wrong sender address from forwarded email

Mail displays wrong sender address from forwarded email: I set up my foxmail account to forward emails to the outlook account, but the in Windows Mail, the sender email address is weird. It looks like it is some auto-forwarding account. When I click replay, it does recognize the actual sender email. Just not displaying it in the...
  5. No Option to Change Sender Name in the Mail App, Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Option to Change Sender Name in the Mail App, Help!: [ATTACH] i tried to use this email for Commission. i never use my real name when registering, but somehow the app managed to find my real name and use it when i send email from this app. (it didn't happen when i send from gmail in browser.) every troubleshooting suggests...
  6. No option to change sender name in Mail app

No option to change sender name in Mail app: [ATTACH] Hi there -- it appears that the "send your messages using this name" is missing from the mail sync settings for all of my accounts (both gmail and outlook email accounts). As a result, emails sent using the Mail app all have the same name for the sender,...
  7. Change sender name on Windows10 mail app.

Change sender name on Windows10 mail app.: I am using Windows 10 mail app with all my gmail accounts, to keep them in one place. It works great but the one thing I don't like is it uses my name as the sender along with the email address. I want to be able to specify what name it shows for each account. I also saw...
  8. Mail desktop app and account sender name

Mail desktop app and account sender name: Not sure if this has been posted before, but the mail app sends out my name as "RobertXPS13" How can I change this? I'm using this Gmail account to send out professional emails and it looks bad that I have that as my alias. I'd appreciate any help! submitted by /u/krnrice27...
  9. Adding email sender to People app from Mail

Adding email sender to People app from Mail: When I receive an email in Mail app how do I add that person as a contact in the People app. I am fully up to date running Windows 10 Home 1903. I know I can do this by copy paste etc in a manual way but where is the option to left/right click and select add? I have read...
  10. Windows Mail App uses wrong sender name in messages I send

Windows Mail App uses wrong sender name in messages I send: I have found when using a Gmail account with Windows 10 Mail App that it uses the wrong sender name. This has been posted about before and I could not find a posted solution. This was the fix for me. It all relates to the order in which email accounts are created. Change...