Windows 10: Wrong sizes of File Explorer, Word, Edge, Excel, and Power Point after restore down

Discus and support Wrong sizes of File Explorer, Word, Edge, Excel, and Power Point after restore down in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] An error persists in a four months old Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop. All Windows 10 and Dell updates have been installed. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fc 1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. fc 1 Win User

Wrong sizes of File Explorer, Word, Edge, Excel, and Power Point after restore down

Wrong sizes of File Explorer, Word, Edge, Excel, and Power Point after restore down fcca1223-18bc-4dc4-8172-16c61d17e176?upload=true.png Wrong sizes of File Explorer, Word, Edge, Excel, and Power Point after restore down 73d41467-a0eb-403d-a984-11c5b1948ef4?upload=true.png

An error persists in a four months old Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop. All Windows 10 and Dell updates have been installed. The preferred sizes are

i File Explorer and Word Home and Student 2019 ~ 7” wide x 10” long; i.e. full length of monitor. Please see the attached Figure 1.

ii Edge, Excel, and Power Point ~ 10” x 10”

iii They should all be anchored on the monitor’s top left corner.

When they are 1 opened from Start or Desktop, and 2 changed from Maximize to Restore Down, they are

i File Explorer ~ 7” x 8.5”, too short

Word ~ 7” x 9”, too short. Please see the attached Figure 2.

ii Edge ~ 11” x 9”, too wide and short

Excel and Power Point ~ 10” x 7”, too short

iii They are not anchored on the top left corner.

They have to be constantly elongated for about five days before remembering the correct length. However, the memory would be lost in 20 days, and they must be made longer repeatedly again. The roughly 25-day cycle never ends. Two methods recommended by the following website don’t help.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-restore-down-bug/936c2a15-5787-475a-960b-eff6d529d2cc?auth=1

1. In System, Tablet mode, and When I sign in, select Use the appropriate mode for my hardware and reboot numerous times.

2. In File Explorer and Maximize

a. disable the navigation pane

b. restore down

c. resize them to the correct dimensions

d. enable navigation pane

e. maximize

f. restore down

+

:)

2. excel file causes instability in "windows explorer"

When I open an excel file by double clicking on the name in windows explorer, the file opens OK but at the same

time, the explorer file list jumps up and down as it lists and de-lists the

excel temp file. It is very distracting. I can close the explorer window or

simply change to another folder. It occurs only on one of my computers and only on some excel files

It happens only with excel files and not with word or acrobat

Any suggestions where to look for the problem. We've reinstalled Office 10 and reset my windows profile. nothing helped so far.

Joel Trussell, Mar 28, 2020
  3. fc 1 Win User
    Wrong sizes of window, Edge, and Excel after restore down

An error persists in this new Dell Windows 10 desktop. The preferred sizes of

window ~ 7” wide x 10” long; i.e. full length of monitor

Edge and Excel (Home and Student 2019) ~ 10” x 10”

They should all anchor on the monitor’s top left corner.

However, after clicking Restore Down in Maximize, they are

window ~ 7” x 8.5”, too short

Edge ~ 11” x 9”, too wide and short

Excel ~ 10” x 7”, too short

They do NOT anchor on the top left corner.

Google Chrome does NOT have this problem, weird. All Windows updates have been installed. Two methods recommended by the following website don’t help.

Windows 10 Restore Down Bug

1. In (Tablet mode), (When I sign in) was changed to (Use the appropriate mode for my hardware) and rebooted numerous times.

2. From Maximize

a. disable the navigation pane

b. restore down shrinks to smaller window, Edge, and Excel

c. resize them to the correct dimensions

d. enable navigation pane

e. maximize

f. restore down

4. JackLocke Win User

Wrong sizes of File Explorer, Word, Edge, Excel, and Power Point after restore down

File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

When I open File Explorer I can see all my folders and documents. If, for example, I open a folder in One Drive and choose a word or excel file, it will not open. I get the message that the file folder is not responding. I am able to access the files
    by using Excel or Word. I am using Windows 10, 64 bit and Office 365.

JackLocke, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Wrong sizes of File Explorer, Word, Edge, Excel, and Power Point after restore down - Similar Threads - Wrong sizes File

2. Excel and Word page size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel and Word page size: I cannot select an Excel or Word document page size = Legal 8.5X14. The Legal Size option has disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-and-word-page-size/a4a625c3-67a2-4e3a-bdf1-ce8de0243a47
  3. Excel and Word page size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel and Word page size: I cannot select an Excel or Word document page size = Legal 8.5X14. The Legal Size option has disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-and-word-page-size/a4a625c3-67a2-4e3a-bdf1-ce8de0243a47
  4. Excel and Word page size

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Excel power point and word

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Excel power point and word: so bought a card for my laptop to use the student program if I sell my HP do I need to rebuy a card put on new laptop thanks ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-power-point-and-word/194d93cb-f6cb-4c6a-93fc-edf0712284b0
  6. Excel power point and word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel power point and word: so bought a card for my laptop to use the student program if I sell my HP do I need to rebuy a card put on new laptop thanks ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-power-point-and-word/194d93cb-f6cb-4c6a-93fc-edf0712284b0
  7. Excel power point and word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wrong sizes of window, Edge, and Excel after restore down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong sizes of window, Edge, and Excel after restore down: An error persists in this new Dell Windows 10 desktop. The preferred sizes of window ~ 7” wide x 10” long; i.e. full length of monitor Edge and Excel (Home and Student 2019) ~ 10” x 10” They should all anchor on the monitor’s top left corner. However, after clicking...
  9. File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding: When I open File Explorer I can see all my folders and documents. If, for example, I open a folder in One Drive and choose a word or excel file, it will not open. I get the message that the file folder is not responding. I am able to access the files by using Excel or...
  10. Unable to open excel or word after a restore

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to open excel or word after a restore: Hello! I've had problems for last couple of days with duplicate drives appearing in the navigation window. After trying lots of things I decided to restore to before the last windows update. Everything seemed ok until I tried to open Excell, I get an error message "not...